Rest of baseball thread

Started by henchmanUK, April 05, 2005, 06:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

henchmanUK

Heroic White Sox beat Cleveland 1-0. Buerhle gets rid of first 12 batters. :yay
Stupid Cubs win.  :boo
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

PhillyPhreak54

Quick game yesterday -- 1:50...

When's the Big Hurt coming back? One of my favorite players...

I hope you guys smoke Kevin Millwood!

henchmanUK

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 05, 2005, 06:37:09 AM
Quick game yesterday -- 1:50...

When's the Big Hurt coming back? One of my favorite players...

I hope you guys smoke Kevin Millwood!

Thomas back May 1, hopefully. There is a huge lack of power in the line-up this season. Ordonez and Carlos Lee are both gone. Carl Everett is injured too. Only Konerko and Rowand provide any sort of oomph at the moment. Would be nice if everything came together tonight so we can spank Millwood.  ;D I hate the stoopid Indians.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

henchmanUK

Sox vs. Millwood tonight. I hope we can count on the city of Philadelphia's support!  :)

BigEd76

Smoltz got his ass beat yesterday.  Pulled in the 2nd inning...  :evil

hunt

the yankees are 2-0 against boston.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Wingspan

Quote from: mhunt on April 06, 2005, 12:35:24 PM
the yankees are 2-0 against boston.

and we all know how that turned out last time.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Rome

Rivera just blew another save!

Rodriguez chokes again on a dead double play ball.

Boston leads 4-3.

:-D

Rome

LOL!  Base hit Red Sox, 6-3 Boston.   >:D

Rome

WTF is wrong with Torre?  Rivera's gotta go.   :-\

Edited - nevermind.  Torre pulled him and to a chorus of Bronx Cheers, no less!   :'(

hunt

slow down, romey.  yanks took 2 out of 3 against the defending world series champs.  :yay

Rome

Yeah, but you have to admit, Rivera has looked like a Phillies reliever in the past two games.

:paranoid

:-D

hunt

yep...the red sox have been lighting him up recently.  he also had an abbreviated spring training due to elbow problems.
there's no doubt he's not what he was 5 years ago but i think he'll be effective enough to get the job done this season.

just in case...what's wagner's contract situation?  ;)

henchmanUK

MDS

No 162-0 this year. Brewers finally lost a game.  :-D
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.