2009 NFL Prediction Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 09, 2009, 11:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Let's try to have some more participation this year, eh?

NFC EAST

1. Philadelphia - do I really believe this? I don't know. Yes. No, I don't. Yes. Yes!!
2. New York - If they get production from Nicks and Barden, they could easily take over 1st.
3. Dallas - Their WRs scare no one. Their old OL scares Tony Romo. Tony Romo is scared of November and December.
4. Washington - They make me so zorny!

NFC NORTH

1. Green Bay - Rodgers and Jennings leading the offense allows them to eek it out over Minny and Chicago.
2. Minnesota - Favre isn't the answer, although neither were Rosenfels or Jackson. Peterson and the defense carry them.
3. Chicago - Toughest division to predict? By far. If Cutler can get any outside help, they could be dangerous.
4. Detroit - The good news is that they will win a game or two. Maybe even three!

NFC SOUTH

1. New Orleans - Their offense is great and the defense is slightly improved. Enough to win this one.
2. Atlanta - Can Turner still be that workhorse back? Will Ryan suffer a sophomore slump? How is the defense?
3. Carolina - Delhomme is done.
4. Tampa Bay - See that rudderless Pirate ship floating in last place? Hopefully they can upset Dallas at least.

NFC WEST

1. Seattle - Close call with SF, I hope Jim Mora throws some more of his sideline cry baby fits.
2. San Francisco - I like Singletary and a commitment to the run with Gore & Coffee. Patrick Willis is a pimp.
3. Arizona - The Super Bowl Hangover continues. They are talking about being lethargic already.
4. St. Louis - I am interested in seeing how well Spagnuolo does.

NFC PLAYOFFS
1. New Orleans
2. Philadelphia
3. Green Bay vs. 6. Atlanta - Interesting first round matchup; all offense and no defense; ATL wins a shootout
4. Seattle vs. 5. New York - Sadly no hilarious Shockey WTF clips from this one; Giants win.

New Orleans vs. Atlanta - The Falcons make it a round farther this year, but Drew Brees and his 7500yds are too much
Philadelphia vs. New York - Rematch from last years divisional game with the same result. How? I don't know.

New Orleans vs. Philadelphia - Ok, I like the Saints offense. A lot. But can their RB situation and defense really get them this far? They have to use them sometimes, right? Eagles defense isn't much better and the Birds win 35-31.

AFC EAST

1. New England - Gold standard and more interviews with Brady's farging knee surgeon. Belichick wears a tank top all year.
2. New York - I want them to win because of Buddy's kid. I like the trash talk. Sanchez will have a Matt Ryan type year.
3. Miami - How much does Pennington have left? Can they run the wildcat all the way to 11-5 again? Nope.
4. Buffalo - If you fire your OC with a week to go until the season, you finish last. Lee Evans and TO or not.

AFC NORTH

1. Pittsburgh - Roethlisraper + those two backs + Tomlin + that defense = good
2. Det. Jimmy McNulty - Ball control offense with three solid backs and the defense. More Harbaugh leg humpin' from Munson
3. Cincincincinnati - Andre Smith's man boobs are no match for this division's DEs. I like a lot of their players though.
4. Cleveland - Where have you gone, Kelly Holcomb?!

AFC SOUTH

1. Houston - I'm buying into the hype because of Johnson, Slaton, Williams and Ryans. Schaub has to be healthy.
2. Indianapolis - WIth so much coaching turnover, how will Igor handle it?
3. Tennessee - Cinderella ride with Kerry farging Collins is over.
4. Jacksonville - Still don't dig Del Rio as a coach.

AFC WEST

1. San Diego - The Year Of Philip Rivers. And celebratory choke-slams of Tila Tequila in the locker room.
2. Denver - Only because they aren't KC or Oakland. How's that cash taste, Dawk?
3. Kansas City - I could see them ending up in 2nd if the OL holds up and Larry can have a rebound season
4. Oakland - Heyward-Bay catches over/under = 20; Richard Seymour never reports

AFC PLAYOFFS
1. San Diego
2. Pittsburgh
3. New England vs. Baltimore - great match-up but offense prevails over defense; New England wins
4. Houston vs. Indianapolis - The Texans are one and done after the Colts catch a rhythm towards the end of the year

San Diego vs. Indianapolis - If they can overcome The Norv Factor, they win...and I think they will
Pittsburgh vs. New England - Must see TV...PIT wins a 15 round KO...barely.

San Diego vs. Pittsburgh - The Steelers fall short of going to two straight SBs and the quest for the 7th trophy is denied

Philadelphia vs. San Diego - for the second straight year I pick these two and I will (highly) likely be wrong.

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES finally win a Super Bowl...DeSean Jackson is SB MVP.

PhillyPhreak54

NFL MVP: Drew Brees

Offensive Player of the Year: Tom Brady

Defensive Player of the Year: Mario Williams

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Mark Sanchez

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Rey Maualuga

Coach of the Year: Gary Kubiak

What week does Michael Crabtree finally sign? Week 3

Does Richard Seymour ever put on a Raiders uniform? No

Terrell Owens stats in Buffalo: 65 catches 1000 yards 9 TDs

MDS

lol was there ever a doubt youd pick the eagles to win
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Let's try to have some more participation this year, eh?

NFC EAST
1. New York 
2. Philadelphia

3. Dallas
4. Washington

NFC NORTH
1. Green Bay
2. Chicago
3. Minnesota
4. Detroit

NFC SOUTH
1. New Orleans
2. Atlanta
3. Carolina
4. Tampa Bay

NFC WEST
1. Seattle
2. San Francisco
3. Arizona
4. St. Louis

NFC PLAYOFFS
1. New Orleans
2. New York
3. Green Bay vs. 6. Philadelphia -- Philadelphia
4. Seattle vs. 5. Chicago -- Chicago

1. New Orleans vs. 6. Philadelphia - New Orleans
2. New York vs. 5. Chicago - Chicago

1. New Orleans vs. 5. Chicago - New Orleans

AFC EAST
1. New England
2. Miami

3. New York
4. Buffalo

AFC NORTH
1. Pittsburgh
2. Baltimore 

3. Cincinnati 
4. Cleveland

AFC SOUTH
1. Indianapolis
2. Tennessee
3. Houston
4. Jacksonville

AFC WEST
1. San Diego
2. Kansas City
3. Denver
4. Oakland

AFC PLAYOFFS
1. New England
2. Pittsburgh
3. Indianapolis vs. 6. Miami - Indy
4. San Diego vs. 5. Baltimore  - Baltimore

1. New England vs. 5. Baltimore - Baltimore
2. Pittsburgh vs. 3. Indianapolis - Pittsburgh

2. Pittsburgh vs. 5. Baltimore -- Pittsburgh

Super Bowl
Pittsburgh vs. New Orleans - Pittsburgh
Super Bowl MVP - Willie Parker

NFL MVP: Adrian Peterson
Offensive Player of the Year: Drew Brees
Defensive Player of the Year: Terrell Suggs
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Knowshon Moreno
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Aaron Curry

Coach of the Year: John Harbaugh

What week does Michael Crabtree finally sign? He doesn't.  Re-enters draft.
Does Richard Seymour ever put on a Raiders uniform? Nope, he retires.
farg TO
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

BigEd76

NFCE = PHI / NYG / DAL / WSH
NFCN = MIN / CHI / GB / DET
NFCS = CAR / ATL / NO / TB
NFCW = AZ / SF / SEA / STL

AFCE = NE / MIA / NYJ / BUF
AFCN = PIT / BAL / CIN / CLE
AFCS = IND / TEN / HOU / JAX
AFCW = SD / DEN / OAK / KC

MVP = Roethlisberger
Off POY = Roethlisberger
Def POY = Reed
Off ROY = Stafford
Def ROY = Curry
Coach = Tomlin
Crabtree = week 5
Seymour = yes
Owens = 72 / 1101 / 12

Feva

NFCE = PHI / NYG / DAL / WSH
NFCN = MIN / GB / CHI / DET
NFCS = NO / ATL / CAR / TB
NFCW = ARZ / SEA / SF / STL

AFCE = NE / MIA / NYJ / BUF
AFCN = PIT / BAL / CIN / CLE
AFCS = IND / TEN / HOU / JAX
AFCW = SD / DEN / OAK / KC

MVP = Peterson
Off POY = Brady
Def POY = Ware
Off ROY = Moreno
Def ROY = Curry
Coach = Tomlin
Crabtree = week 3
Seymour = yes
Owens = 69-1,115-8TD's
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews