2008-09 Divisional Round

Started by BigEd76, January 04, 2009, 08:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

can someone explain the "muff" rule or what just happened there...why cant you advance that...
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Can someone explain to me why every team in the NFL postseason appears to be utterly incompetent? What the farg is going on?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Cerevant

From Jerry Markbreit:
QuoteThe definition of a muff is as follows: touching of the ball prior to possessing the ball. The act of muffing the ball is not considered possession. In order to advance the ball, which the kicking team recovers, it has to be possessed by the receiving team first. But, the kicking team can also recover a muff, but it cannot be advanced. The people who wrote the rules of the game thought it was unfair to allow the kickers to recover a ball and advance it, unless the receiving team possessed it first.

Quote from: rjs246 on January 11, 2009, 06:57:31 PM
Can someone explain to me why every team in the NFL postseason appears to be utterly incompetent? What the farg is going on?

One word: Parity
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I would like to learn the great American art of muff diving.

ice grillin you

i know what the muff rule is canuck i want to know why its a rule

rjs246

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 11, 2009, 06:59:40 PM
I would like to learn the great American art of muff diving.

You're in your 30s. If you're not performing at a high level by now, you should probably just stop chasing the dragon.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Cerevant

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 11, 2009, 07:00:29 PM
i know what the muff rule is canuck i want to know why its a rule

Maybe you should be more clear...

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 11, 2009, 06:54:44 PM
can someone explain the "muff" rule

Regardless...

Quote from: Cerevant on January 11, 2009, 06:58:54 PM
From Jerry Markbreit:
QuoteThe definition of a muff is as follows: touching of the ball prior to possessing the ball. The act of muffing the ball is not considered possession. In order to advance the ball, which the kicking team recovers, it has to be possessed by the receiving team first. But, the kicking team can also recover a muff, but it cannot be advanced. The people who wrote the rules of the game thought it was unfair to allow the kickers to recover a ball and advance it, unless the receiving team possessed it first.

An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

BigEd76

The Eagles/Steelers Super Bowl that didn't happen in 2001, 2002 or 2004 might actually happen this year

hunt

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 11, 2009, 07:22:50 PM
The Eagles/Steelers Super Bowl that didn't happen in 2001, 2002 or 2004 might actually happen this year
let's hope.  i don't want any part of baltimore.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

this show should be interesting/entertaining....merril hoge breaking down the eagles win for two hrs

Feva

Quote from: hunt on January 11, 2009, 07:24:10 PM
Quote from: BigEd76 on January 11, 2009, 07:22:50 PM
let's hope.  i don't want any part of baltimore.

Completely agreed.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

paco

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 11, 2009, 08:36:34 PM
Bill Simmons went O-fer against the spread

Thats what he gets for butchering a Rocky movie quote when picking against a philly team.  Even if the quote was from Rocky 4.
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.