Rest Of Baseball - 2017

Started by PhillyPhreak54, February 08, 2017, 06:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: Rome on November 01, 2017, 12:23:37 PM
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21249247/game-7-tickets-fetching-big-bucks-resale-market

QuoteAnother factor is traffic. With the start of the game coming right in the middle of rush hour, getting there likely means leaving work early.

Umm... wut?

If you can afford $3,600 for two tickets, I'm pretty sure leaving work early to get to the yard isn't an issue.

Smart move would be to pick up a hooker so you can use the car pool lane

ice grillin you

its an all around hideous piece...then again rovell

nothing maybe dumber than this

Game 7 of the World Series at Dodger Stadium will be one of the most expensive tickets in baseball history.

baseball history is irrelevant....the only comparison is game sevens in the stubhub ticket era and in that case every game 7 from here on out will be "one of" the most expensive tickets in "baseball history"....the lowest game 7 is for a long time still going to be one of the most expensive
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

anything look good for tonight?

hou +1.5 (-140) +137
la -1.5 (+120) -157

i like the astros RL but -140 damn

under 7.5 paying even. hmmm.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Pretty sure I'll just be taking the Doyers ML straight up

Playing the RL is dangerous on the home team because there's a shot you only get 8 innings of ABs from them. But I have done it. This series with all the back and forth and no lock down BPs I wouldn't get on any RL's.

MDS

i feel ya but the game is more or less a toss up and here you get an astros win and a 1 run dodgers win covered. paying the -140 vig isnt appealing.

i may just go with the under 7.5 and bank on another low scoring game.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 01, 2017, 01:48:17 PM
Pretty sure I'll just be taking the Doyers ML straight up

dodgers moneyline would be an absurd bet

at best it should be -120/+110.....no clue how it has jumped like it has

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah -150 was my limit...my guy's site is showing -160 now

People are slamming the Dodgers I guess. Astros are up to +140

Sgt PSN

Bellinger = New Choke

That dude has been AWFUL pretty much the entire series.  Seager not far behind him when he keeps getting eaten up by low and in breaking balls.

PhillyPhreak54

I was way wrong on Darvish - he got smoked again

5-0

What a lousy start. Hope LA fights back and makes it close

The dude who has $14m on the Dodgers isn't feeling good right now

ice grillin you

series went from arguably the single best ws to not even top 5

PhillyPhreak54

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 01, 2017, 09:11:49 PM
I was way wrong on Darvish - he got smoked again

5-0

That dude wants absolutely nothing to do with pitching in the WS.  I don't know if he's battling some sort of injury or not (I think he's had TJ), but his pitches have almost no movement on them at all.  Might as well just set up the tee. 

QuoteWhat a lousy start. Hope LA fights back and makes it close

It's early, but they blew a golden opportunity in the 1st.  McCullers is wild tonight so LA needs to get after him early because I don't think he's going to be around much longer. 

QuoteThe dude who has $14m on the Dodgers isn't feeling good right now

Lol....what?  I must have missed that. 

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah some [igy]chain smoking jean jacket wearing euro trash dude[/igy] bet $400k on game one and picked the first six games right - he ran it up to $14m by parlaying the winnings from each game. Has it all riding on LA tonight

Another squandered opportunity for LA

Sgt PSN

That's nuts.  Almost makes me want to root for the Astros. 

Lol....Seager finally gets a hit and stumbles after turning 1st and nearly gets picked off. 

McCullers is hitting guys left and right. 

New Choke is up.  2 on, no out. 

Sgt PSN

16k for Sellinger in the WS.  Stros going to the pen.