Rest Of Baseball - 2017

Started by PhillyPhreak54, February 08, 2017, 06:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on April 14, 2017, 02:50:56 PM
ian happ has 5 homers in 33 ABs for the cubs AAA team

jp crawford doesnt even have 5 hits

another Phils observation that made me say "Oh farg" out loud.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on April 14, 2017, 03:40:04 PM
How did he order his last drink?

ON THE ROCKS!

THE ROCKS, CARL!!

Laughed, really good laugh.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

manfred said he was open to getting rid of the nl/al and going east/west

itll never happen but i want to see it mainly because itll destroy old white people like j and rome
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on April 14, 2017, 10:22:53 PM
manfred said he was open to getting rid of the nl/al and going east/west

itll never happen but i want to see it mainly because itll destroy old white people like geo, j and rome

VORP you.  >:(

MDS

for whatever you seemed more open minded to me but ill lump you in with the other geezers if you want
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on April 15, 2017, 12:01:51 AM
for whatever you seemed more open minded to me but ill lump you in with the other geezers if you want

Yeah, I know, tear everything up.  Anything around more than 3 years must be thrown away.  Tradition sucks.

Fine with the DH (and tired of watching pitchers hit ineptly).  The automatic intentional walk thing is unnecessary, but whatever.  But leave the leagues alone - they're part of the roots of the game.

MDS

if there wasnt interleague play....and if the brewers and astros didnt already change leagues....and if theres no longer even an NL and AL office/president/operation....you might be on to something

i get the tradition aspect but call me a millennial but theres nothing traditional about the phillies going to san diego every year. wouldnt it better if they went to baltimore. games start 3 hours earlier and i could go.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on April 15, 2017, 12:24:19 AM
if there wasnt interleague play....and if the brewers and astros didnt already change leagues....and if theres no longer even an NL and AL office/president/operation....you might be on to something

i get the tradition aspect but call me a millennial but theres nothing traditional about the phillies going to san diego every year. wouldnt it better if they went to baltimore. games start 3 hours earlier and i could go.

Interleague play doesn't bother me, as it still respects the identity of the leagues.  The Brewers and Astros switching did bother me some, but probably not as much as it would have if a team like the Phils or Cubs had switched over.

I guess in the end, if it happens, it happens.  I'd get over it, and it wouldn't stop me from watching baseball. (Hell, if the 1994 strike didn't do that, nothing will.  Damn addiction to the sport.)  Much worse and important things have happened this week than the realignment of sports leagues.

Can't say I'd like it, though.

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

If they get rid of the NL/AL what happens to the DH?

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

MDS

the east/west split would go something like this

east
tor-bos-nyy-nym-phi
was-bal-atl-tb-mia
pit-cin-cle-det-mil

west
chi-chi-min-stl-kc
sea-col-arz-hou-tex
oak-sf-sd-la-ana

personally id rather the phillies play ny and bos than atl and mia but thats just be as an east coast elitist not being interested in dumb southern awful sports cities

Rome

I would think Pittsburgh would be in the same division as Philly and Toronto would be in the Norris. 

MDS

i mean thats entirely possible...my thinking is if they did it theyd try to keep as many "rivalries" together as they could, therefore keeping pit/cin/mil together and tor/nyy/bos together.

but farg canada