Rest Of Baseball - 2017

Started by PhillyPhreak54, February 08, 2017, 06:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

totally random but one of the most unreal stats ive ever seen....nolan ryan had 773 starts and in 220 of them he gave up 3 hits or less

thats over 25%
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Ryan's most famous 3 hitter. All 3 hits were by Ventura.

https://youtu.be/SdyeWgsa_R8

ice grillin you

he had four seasons in his 40's where he had more strikeouts than base runners allowed

MDS

ryan, rose and aaron have stats that defy all logic and reason

nolan never had a sub-1 whip. career was at 1.24, which is good but not great. so basically he would allow like 12 baserunners a game and only 2.4 of them to score. thats just outrageous.

kershaw allows 10 baserunners per game and 2.5 of them to score.

there will never be anything like him again.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

mariano rivera whole career
1,283⅔ innings
1,173 k & 998 hits allowed

nolan after turning 40
1,271⅔ innings
1,437 K & 933 hits allowed

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 23, 2017, 11:13:51 PM
ryan, rose and aaron have stats that defy all logic and reason

nolan never had a sub-1 whip. career was at 1.24, which is good but not great. so basically he would allow like 12 baserunners a game and only 2.4 of them to score. thats just outrageous.

kershaw allows 10 baserunners per game and 2.5 of them to score.

there will never be anything like him again.

he had almost two times as many no hit complete games than he had no walk complete games...

think about that

MDS

the late 80s/early 90s were not an elite time for offense in baseball, but its not like it was the 10s when walter johnson was racking up mvp seasons against farm boys and other assorted racists and drunks.

its just mind boggling
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I loved being able to see him pitch.

Him and Pedro were probably my favorites to watch

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

god damnit i want him

typical butt hurt pitcher....gave up 2 bombs to him 3 years ago and they havent met since...first pitch? throws at him. cant get him out and still has his panties in a knot about being taken deep. bush league pathetic.

nationals are locked into the nl east so this wont even hurt them.

PhillyPhreak54

Posey had no plans to protect his guy either

Just let Brycie go ham.

MDS

farg that shtein

strickland is on his own. he couldnt get bryce out 3 years ago....snowflake still needs a safe space...its his mess. take your punches like a man. nobody told you to start something. hes the best player in the nl. he makes a lot of pitchers look like shtein. you aint the first big guy.

PhillyPhreak54

Well yeah - that's why I said that. I don't ever recall a catcher not going after the hitter. Sometimes they don't get them but they at least make the effort. He just chilled.

I remember lieberthal saving Carlos Silva at the last second when he finally tripped up adam Dunn at the mound

PhillyPhreak54

Buster could also be tired of reacting to hillbilly pitchers on his team trying to start fights

Bumgarner is always looking for a fight

MDS

most of the time they go out, sure, but im guessing this isnt the first time strickland has been a fleshpop about something. id have most of my co workers backs, too, but not everyone.

all in all they are going to need to build bryce harper multiple statues in this town