Fantasy Football 2014 - Post your questions but don't answer anybody else's here

Started by SunMo, August 04, 2014, 10:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

If Swifts out I'd  roll with Williams. Birds ran the ball all over Dallas and Detroit has a great o line. Ravens backfield is unpredictable with which backs they're going to use and Jackson is essentially another rb.

Diomedes

This was fine advice.  Williams yielded me only 6 points or so, but the "Ravens backfield is unpredictable" and so Drake was abominable with 11 touches for 14 yards and Gus Edwards straight off the street got the carries and TDs.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

In a league where you're not required to start a TE...I have

Andrews tonight at TB

He was blanked last week, travelling on a short week....TB Def is good, especially their LBs...

or, a few others I could consider for that slot...

Eno Benjamin (James Conner should be back this week)
Kenyan Drake (great game two weeks ago stepping in for JK Dobbins, but completely shoved aside last week by return of Gus Edwards....plus...a Raven not named Lamar or Andrews and again, travelling on a short week into teeth of a tough front seven
Khalil Herbert going to Dallas....Montgomery healthy, but not showing the spark Herbert does....probably my best bet here I think, as he should see 15 touches, right?  Facing Dallas in Dallas.
Terry McLaurin - surprise surprise, finally got his second TD once Carson was replaced...Heinecke has been playing with Terry for years now, and he's the kind of WR who finds a way to help out his QB..
Jamaal Williams - Swift is finally gonna play again, so he's back to backup

any suggestions/comments appreciated.  I'm leaning toward benching Andrews for now and then figuring out in the next couple days which of these options is best...?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Diomedes

okay okay

I'll play it safe

but I'm not loving the Ravens O right now....

Diomedes

I'm done with Andrews.  In a league where I don't ahve to start a TE...why am I playing this guy?  Does he get 10 chances per game, like most RB by committee guys do?  Sometimes, but not consistently...and he gotta catch the ball first.  Throw at him ten times and he catches seven.  That's seven chances.  Not ten.  Last week literally every RB I might have put into that slot returned 13+ points to my bench, while Andrews was out after three passes.  In his best games, he's getting the same number of opportunites as someone like Khalil Herbert...

Diomedes

I know what the who to start website says, but I want to hear what :CF says:

Hurts or Fields this week?

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on November 17, 2022, 07:15:19 AM
I know what the who to start website says, but I want to hear what :CF says:

Hurts or Fields this week?

Fields against Atlanta. Hottest player in fantasy. Im starting him in 3 leagues 1 league over Mahomes.

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

Ok then.  Thanks.

This means Hurts is going to have his best game ever on my bench....

Diomedes

imma add a guy 

following are available...who you like best for the stretch?

zay jones
zonovan knight
treylon burks
jamychal hasty

----------------------------

my roster at present:  (dropping Fields for whoever I add)

QB Jalen Hurts Phi - QB
-
WR Ja'Marr Chase Cin - WR
WR Garrett Wilson NYJ - WR

RB Jamaal Williams Det - RB
RB Devin Singletary Buf - RB

W/R/T Travis Etienne Jr. Jax - RB
W/R/T Brian Robinson Jr. Was - RB

BN Terry McLaurin Was - WR
BN Latavius Murray Den - RB
BN Justin Fields Chi - QB
BN Geno Smith Sea - QB
BN Marquise Brown Ari - WR

K Jason Myers Sea - K
D Dallas Dal - DEF

PhillyPhreak54

I'd say Zay or Burks

Hasty is just a fill - but I don not know Etienne's status. If he's out then maybe Hasty is the guy there.

Diomedes

I'm thinking Hasty and probably bench both him and Etienne for this week, playing the others instead.  Let things settle down there before i lean on Jax run game again.  Don't know what Doug is up to there.

Trouble is the matchup is so juicy.

SD

Most wins/most points league no playoffs. Fields vs GB or Geno vs the Rams. I like Geno's floor but after watching what Hurts did to GB last week I can't help but to think Fields will run wild.

Diomedes

I decided against Hasty.  No way to predict what Doug is doing with Etienne.  Picked up Zonovan Knight.  He'll ride the bench this week and be a strong candidate to displace Singletary in my lineup next week.

I cut Fields to make that move, SD, keeping Geno instead.  He's not exciting, but he's consistent.  Fields is really pretty hurt, and I'm not confident he'll finish the game if he starts.  I say go with Geno @ Rams than Fields @ NYJ. 

I'm second in my league right now, playoff spot secured, facing #3 in the league, which will net me a bye if I can pull it out.  Last night Singletary did just enough to warrant the start, so I'm relieved.  My oppnent had Diggs, who logged a decent but not great game and Stephenson, who came in under par.