The "what the farg is wrong with this world" thread

Started by PhillyGirl, March 07, 2010, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

I think it's possible that both of the following statements are true:

Wilson was justified.

Cops generally violate civil and human rights of African Americans far more than they do other classes.

Nuance, baby.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

smeags

Quote from: Diomedes on October 22, 2014, 02:24:30 PM
I think it's possible that both of the following statements are true:

Wilson was justified.

Cops generally violate civil and human rights of African Americans far more than they do other classes.

Nuance, baby.

this
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

There are times when an Empire has to act like one.  This is one of those times.  Those motherfargers need to be wiped off the face of the planet.  With all due haste.

shorebird

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 26, 2014, 12:53:56 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/26/world/middleeast/horror-before-the-beheadings-what-isis-hostages-endured-in-syria.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0

This is an intense and terrifying read from the NYT

I read that. Being treated well was not being chained to a water heater. These people are animals with no regard to human life. Send them all to meet Allah quick, fast and in a hurry.

MDS

im with the republican fossil, but all of those people over there knew what they were getting into

they arent servicemen, they went over there for whatever reason and knew the risks. they got scooped up. thats the game.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

shorebird

Fossil!? Me!?!?
Yes they went there of their own free will but people should be able to travel without being kidnapped and tortured and the U.S. should let these terrorist know that if you do this there will be hell to pay.

And no, that fact that we don't negotiate with them is not a deterant in any way, shape, or form.

MDS

you cant control what happens in syria....its a third world hell hole. just dont go there and let the animals be animals.

if you go there, you know the risks.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

shorebird

Doesn't that contradict your liberal save the world humanitarian ways? Doesn't that contradict the fact that you're posting in the "what the farg is wrong with the world" thread in the first place?

In other words, you know you care.

ice grillin you

hes not a true liberal and his pops is rush limbaugh
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

lol both true

im pro death and dont care about foreigners....oh well

smeags

in other words you're a suburban jewish kid who has never had to deal with real life.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

BigEd76

nm

Geowhizzer