the betting thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 14, 2006, 12:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

I helped out my losses by betting on the skins and under in the 2H, but lost money due to the low score.

I argued with my buddy this morning about the value of the ML vs buying Cowboys down to 2.5. He disagreed with me and went for the latter. OOPS

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm not going to be around Friday morning, so let's get this ugliness out of the way now...

FF: 3-13 this season, 4 units up to begin season, 2 units up prior to week 4
QuoteUSF -2.5 at Pitt - LOSS
UNC -6 at ECU
Georgia Tech -10 at NCSU
Saints -6.5 at Jaguars
49ers +9 at Eagles

IGY: 5-10 this season, 4 units down to begin season, 2 units down prior to week 4

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Thank god I hedged on Pitt for the second half

PoopyfaceMcGee

IGY hasn't even posted his plays yet, and I've already put up another L.

It's a miracle my Legends account isn't empty, but it is about 70% of what it was to start.

ice grillin you

FF
USF -2.5 at Pitt - LOSS
UNC -6.5 at ECU
Georgia Tech -10 at NCSU
Saints -7 at Jaguars
49ers +8.5 at Eagles

igy

cinncinati -14.5 miami oh
michigan -20 minnesota
idaho +17 virginia
taterskins -2 st louis
bengals +3 buffalo

IGY: 5-10 this season, 4 units down to begin season, 2 units down prior to week 4

ff three of your games unc new orleans and sf all went the wrong in the friday lines....i changed them in this post...i think its only fair that we stick with the friday lines as agreed upon but if you dont like them now you can certainly switch up

two games jump out at me this week...just in general they really have me interested but also how they relate to their lines

one is clemson at vt...clemson is undefeated and had the huge florida state win but has given up a lot of points to some not so great teams and do we really know how good florida state is (or isnt)...any way this is gut check time for them getting seven in blacksburg...i think this game may show truly how big a home field advantage death valley is

on the pro side steelers at texans is fascinating to me...you see steelers plus 3.5 and say what?...no way pitt should ever get pts vs texans....but is this the year the texans finally are for real and the even bigger story to me is this the year pittsburgh falls off...i think this game will tell it all...if the steelers lose they will finish under 500 imo and are headed for a downfall over the next several years
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Part of the reason I took them was that the lines on Sheridan's Johnson were better than my book.

I'm not going to take the Saints or 49ers anymore. I'll do the square play and go head to head with you on the Bills -3 at Bengals. I'm tempted to take the skins to cancel you, but I'll look for something else instead.

**Edit: I'll go with Kent State/Ohio o46.5.

So...

USF -2.5 LOSS
UNC -6.5
Ga Tech -10
Kent St/Ohio o46.5
Bills -3

ice grillin you

ill probably be proved wrong but the bills -3 looks to me like the sucker bet of all time

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 30, 2011, 09:35:39 AM
ill probably be proved wrong but the bills -3 looks to me like the sucker bet of all time

I agree. Almost has to be a trap. But trying to be a sharp has gotten me nowhere, so I'll consider it hip to be square.

PhillyPhreak54

Games I am looking at tomorrow:

Air Force/Navy u53
Temple -8 (Todd - any thoughts here?)
Cincinnati -16
Kansas +6.5
Michigan State +3.5
Alabama -4
Texas A&M -2.5
Utah -10
Baylor -3.5
LaTech -5
Mississippi St +7
VaTech -7

MDS

temple better win by 50

if they beat umd they better kill toledo
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Won some dough on Utah St ATS last night but missed on the big hit on the ML/u49.5 parlay thanks to Mormon luck and heroics. Blech.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on October 01, 2011, 02:32:48 AM
temple better win by 50

if they beat umd they better kill toledo

Let down game it looks like

ice grillin you

lol @ temple having a let down game

more than likely its a case of their last 100 years and they just suck

PhillyPhreak54

I am even for the day today but down a bit overall for the football season. I'm tired of piddling around with up a bit and down and bit and need a strong day tomorrow.

Leans for tomorrow

Detroit +2 (strong)
New Orleans -7 (strong)
49ers +10
St. Louis +3
Tennessee -1
Buffalo -3 (strong)
Minnesota -3 (strong)
Chicago -6.5 (strong)
Houston -3.5
Atlanta -5 (strong)
Arizona +1
San Diego -8
Denver +12.5
New England -6 (strong)
Jets +4

5 of my strong leans are road favorites. That always makes me uneasy, so I need to dig a bit deeper.

Any thoughts?