the betting thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 14, 2006, 12:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I may go into chase mode on Oregon and Arz State - need to read a bit more on them

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Ok, so Carolina has been sitting at -3.5 all week and the books are giving juice on it them as home dogs. Are they expecting Newton to come back to Earth? Gabbert to light it up? What am I missing here?

MDS

yea i have no clue

i think this is one of those blatantly obvious lines where vegas used its time machine, went ahead to sunday and knows jacksonville is going to win by 4. its just a big giant joke just to farg with everyone. im staying away from that.

teaser is locked
pit -5
phi -3
ten -1

parlay action
cin -3
car -4 (yea so what)
gb -4
tb -1
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I may fall into that trap and take it - I'm trying to be more disciplined in the sense that when I see a line that I like and research that I stick with my instinct and take it. So I am going to go with Carolina on that feeling.

I followed your teaser and added a team but made it a 7pt.

Philadelphia -2
Tennessee Pk
San Diego -8
Pittsburgh -4

Another line of interest to me is the NE/BUF game...it opened at -9 and is now at 8...but they are giving juice to take NE. I think BUF eyes this as their Super Bowl and may keep it close but NE ends up winning by 10...so I may take the juice and NE

MDS

buffalo is so due against them. but then again its the bills and these are the pats.

more parlay action
cin -3
gb -4
tb -1

these seem like the most obvious lines in the world to me. i know ill be wrong on at least 2.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I am conflicted on that SF/CIN game and may go with the SF ML (its +110 on Legends (line is -1 CIN))...

I went on BAL last week and they came out flat. They're a road favorite again and STL looks so awful and is banged up quite a bit. Does Baltimore come out pissed? I may take them in a ML parlay.

I kind of like the Raiders and the 3 points

I also like ARZ laying 3.5 in Seattle too...the Hawks are awful...

I don't like GB at all...Chicago is going to run the ball and I think they can hit Rodgers a bit...stay away from a road division favorite...I may take Chicago and the 4 points

MDS

well clearly one of us is going to do well and the other is not

but might i gently remind you that alex smith is terrible and jay cutler is still jay cutler

PhillyPhreak54

I hear you and the SF game is not high on my list - I'd play it small for ML value and thats it.

Cutler/Martz/Bears OL screams NO WAY - but a home division dog in a week where Martz took heat for not using Forte enough says that he may balance it out a bit more.

MDS

the packers are the best team in the nfc and they have the best qb

ride that. dont read too much into the other shtein.

on that note, give me something to follow.

PhillyPhreak54

I will post up the plays when I wake up....going to be an active betting Sunday for sure

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: FastFreddie on September 20, 2011, 08:59:26 AM
I have a couple of teasers for this weekend. Grab before the lines move the wrong way.

COLLEGE!
Georgia Tech -1/2 vs. UNC
Temple +15 at Maryland
Notre Dame -1/2 at Pitt
6pt tease, +180

NFL 1pm:
Houston +10.5 at New Orleans
Denver +15.5 at Tennessee
New England/Buffalo OVER 45.5
6.5pt tease, +160

So my college tease was one of my few winners yesterday. Maybe that bodes well for the NFL johnson.

That said, I like Saints -4 and Tennessee -7, so... Who am I kidding? Tail at your own peril.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Get the Ravens before the line goes to 6 or 7. Go big. Profit.

PhillyPhreak54

Straight Plays:

Philadelphia -9 (even)

Carolina -3.5 (+105)

Baltimore -5.5 (-110)

Three Team Parlay:
Baltimore -5.5
Tennessee -7
New England -8

Four Team 7pt Teaser:
Philadelphia -2
Tennessee Pk