the betting thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 14, 2006, 12:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

I've had no luck getting bodog to accept my debit card, and I don't have a real credit card, meh.

SD, you can make sports bets at Delaware Park, but I don't think they allow single games, only parlays.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MDS on August 13, 2011, 01:44:24 PM
bodog takes credit cards but that comes with a small fee...something like 5 or 6 bucks if you drop in 100

they are pretty legit but sometimes their lines get screwy.

Many card companies will not allow transactions with online sites. We have two credit cards we use and two debit cards, and only one of the debit cards works at Bodog. But regardless, it's not THAT hard unless you plan to reload your account really often like a true degenerate.

PhillyPhreak54

After the online Poker site crackdown by the DOJ I worry about the sports sites being next. I'm hesitant to dump money into a site and have it seized.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Around these parts, we call it getting "Pattersoned."

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 13, 2011, 05:12:52 PM
After the online Poker site crackdown by the DOJ I worry about the sports sites being next. I'm hesitant to dump money into a site and have it seized.

eventually you get your $ back i think. plus i have a gambling problem and yea.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Atlantic City has sports books now?

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Rome on August 13, 2011, 07:01:33 PM
Atlantic City has sports books now?

Good point. They only have betting on racing too.

Still, I think SD should find a bookie. A female one.

Rome

I was actually asking since I don't live there anymore. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

D-Backs are +215 tonight, with a lefty (Saunders) pitching against Lee. They were only +200 last night against Halladay (cha ching!).

So, I bet $5 to win $10 last night. And lost $10 tonight. Go team!

MDS

going through some team props....these are standing out. talk me down from the ledge.

arizona under 6.5 wins at +155
carolina under 4.5 wins at +105
buffalo under 5.5 wins at -115
chicago over 8.5 wins at +130
cleveland under 6.5 wins at +105
detroit over 7.5 wins at +115
oakland under 6.5 wins at +110
igy special: eagles under 10.5 wins at +120 (money heavily going over)
san diego under 10.5 wins at +105
tampa over 8 wins at +110

arizona seems low to me. does vegas know they can beat san fran, seattle and split with st louis and get to 5 with that? youre telling me they cant pick up 2 extra wins elsewhere?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I agree with the Eagles (as an emotional hedge) and Tampa.

I am "meh" on most of the others but disagree on Buffalo. I see 6-7 wins. I actually bet fairly heavily on them o5.5 +110. I also like others you didn't mention:
Cincy u5.5 +115
Denver o6 +140
Indy o10 +120
NYJ u10 +105

MDS

new bet: arizona at +175 to win the nfc west

st lou is a +150

come on here. this is...i mean i made rule last year not to bet on the nfc west, but...

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's essentially a toss-up. Why not.

MDS

those god damn kolb to fitzgerald preseason highlights are destroying the odds