the betting thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 14, 2006, 12:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Don't hedge unless you're talking about over a grand.

I'm on the Pats, Seahawks, and both overs today.  And still up on IGY by $20, which is sadder than sad.

QB Eagles

Seahawks didn't go for two points there.

Hmm.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Oh well.  I had the line teased for the most part, so that last TD was huge.  Also made quite a bit on a 2H parlay.  Could have been a lot worse.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I have about as much on the Patriots as I had on the Packers last weekend.  A lot of points would be a nice bonus.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Ok, now that I'm wagering for "real" money and generally place at least a few bets every night, I might as well try to get this thread back on track.

Leans tonight:
Hawks +6.5 at Heat
GTown ml (-165) at Seton Hall
MSU +4 at Illinois

Thoughts?

Eagles_Legendz

Cashed (luckily) on a 3 teamer this weekend with the Bears -10, Jets +9.5 and Jets/Pats to the over (gotta love garbage time).

Also on Pitt and the over (straight bets).   Last two weeks have made up for a zesty 3 wk string to end the season.

I love Gtown tonight.  I also like MSU there but I never have a good gauge on the Big 10.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Added DePaul +18.5 and UGA ml (-175) - along with a little nugget on the MSU ml +165.

Just like the rest of the world, I am leaning Packers this weekend.  I was originally on the Jets because I would prefer that they beat the Steelers, but the line isn't big enough for me to go there.  I currently have a big bet on Packers +3.5/u50.5 teaser and a regular bet on a Packers -3/Steelers -3 parlay.  We'll see on Friday (reduced juice day, of course) how I heavy I go on the lines.  I will probably stay away from the totals except for the aforementioned tease.

Eagles_Legendz

Going heavy on GB this weekend.  Probably a sucker bet since everyone is going to be leaning GB's way.

Jets/Steelers I'm a bit more torn about.   Pittsburgh seems like the play, but there's something that's a bit off with them I think.  If NY shows up like they did yesterday (big if obviously), they're going to win.

Eagles_Legendz

One reason to like Pitt: NE's pass defense was suspect all year.  It got better at the end of the season, but it was still below average.  NY is going to have a significant challenge if Pittsburgh can take away their running game.

Plus, it's about time for LT to pull his pinky and sit out a playoff game.

MDS

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 18, 2011, 01:37:38 PM
Added DePaul +18.5 and UGA ml (-175) - along with a little nugget on the MSU ml +165.

Just like the rest of the world, I am leaning Packers this weekend.  I was originally on the Jets because I would prefer that they beat the Steelers, but the line isn't big enough for me to go there.  I currently have a big bet on Packers +3.5/u50.5 teaser and a regular bet on a Packers -3/Steelers -3 parlay.  We'll see on Friday (reduced juice day, of course) how I heavy I go on the lines.  I will probably stay away from the totals except for the aforementioned tease.

me me me me me

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

You bolded 6 I's but only responded with 5 me's.  I'll wait for you to correct yourself.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 18, 2011, 02:25:00 PM
You bolded 6 I's but only responded with 5 me's.  I'll wait for you to correct yourself.

Put a decent amount on GTown tonight -4.  Also followed you on the DePaul bet.

Eagles_Legendz

Gotta love Hall fouling down 3 with 0.6 seconds left for the cover. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

I was glad I bet the ML anyway.  I didn't give a shtein.  farg Georgia and MSU, though.  Also looks like DePaul is what we thought they were.  Good think I layed a last-minute Bobcats/under parlay.