the betting thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 14, 2006, 12:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Check that...its a $10 5-teamer.

and I put $10 on a 3-teamer too

Quote3 Team Parlay #193590808 (Placed by Web)
Football - NFL Lines (Game) Point Spread
WEEK 10
(231) St. Louis Rams +6 (-130) Sun@3:15p
Competitor:(232) San Francisco 49ers
WEEK 10
(233) Seattle Seahawks +4 Sun@3:15p
Competitor:(234) Arizona Cardinals
WEEK 10
(237) New England Patriots +4½ Sun@7:25p
Competitor:(238) Pittsburgh Steelers

PoopyfaceMcGee

If the Rams keep this up and the Pats keep it close against Pittsburgh, I will have a very positive week.  Dallas and Denver are paying me nicely.  Arizona not so much.

PhillyPhreak54

cake

5 team parlay cashed!

Now if NE takes care of bidness I hit the 3 teamer and the 8 team teaser

PoopyfaceMcGee

FF picks

BC -3.5 @ Duke - BOOM
Iowa State -2.5 @ Colorado - POOP
Utah -5 @ Notre Dame - POOP
TB -7 vs. CAR - BOOM
STL +6 @ SF - BOOM

havas picks

ohio state -18 - BOOM
florida -6.5 - POOP
san jose state +4 - PUSH is just a constipated POOP
eagles -3
denver +1 - BOOM

FF +$10 at the start of the weekend

FF +$15 going into tomorrow night's game

PhillyPhreak54

The other two are going to hit.

Cake!!

MDS

yea...after everything im up $7 this weekend

next week i follow J, what a waste this was
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I tailed on your Tampa/Indy teaser and got paid.  Also, I went "all in" with both St. Louis and NE and had a late feeling on Denver, so I finished up over $150.  And obviously I will be getting caked if the Eagles choke tonight.

Interesting odds note: The line is still Birds -3, but it pays -140.  skins +3 now pays +120.  Why not just make the line bigger?

MDS

they want to keep the line low enough so its attractive to bet. then they put the odds on it up so the payout is crap. that then makes you get desperate and package it with something completely random, like an nba game or the over/under.

if they moved the eagles up to 4 or 5 and keep things at -110 or even theyd still get about the same action on the eagles. right now its simply about conning you into a parlay thats a tossup to win, where was giving even action on the eagles isnt, since everyone (even vegas) expects them to win.

right now the moneyline is -190...its almost better to do that than the -3 at -140. little less cash but you get the points.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I am obviously not betting on the Eagles regardless.  I have a chunk on the skins +3 and a smaller side wager on the skins moneyline but I couldn't bet enough money to mitigate the pain of a possible loss... because I like money too much and think that betting on the skins in this one is a really bad idea.

I may tease it and bet skins +9 and o37 but I'm not feeling shiny happy people about that either.  I may have to start with some NBA/NHL shtein.

I see what you're talking about with the lines, though - oddsmakers are evil geniuses.  Last night I won a modest parlay on the Spurs and then the under in the Knicks game.  I almost added the Lakers moneyline just as a throw-in, obviously glad I didn't.  Anyway, I definitely need a mentor on this and you're not it.  But obviously, even you know a lot more about sports betting than I do, and that means I might as well burn my money in a German shower.

charlie

I take back my comment about listening to someone poker stories being the mind numbingly boring thing to read through.

PhillyPhreak54

If I decide to bet the game I'm going ML because the vig is too much on a side bet; -140? No thanks.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 15, 2010, 02:02:12 PM
If I decide to bet the game I'm going ML because the vig is too much on a side bet; -140? No thanks.

Unless you have a feeling the skins might cover/win or particularly enjoy the FF never-bet-on-your-own-team strategy, I would stay the hell away from this game like the plague.

So, what do you have for the NBA tonight?  Gonna ride your coattails on some tasty NBA parlays.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on November 15, 2010, 01:07:17 PM
they want to keep the line low enough so its attractive to bet. then they put the odds on it up so the payout is crap. that then makes you get desperate and package it with something completely random, like an nba game or the over/under.

if they moved the eagles up to 4 or 5 and keep things at -110 or even theyd still get about the same action on the eagles. right now its simply about conning you into a parlay thats a tossup to win, where was giving even action on the eagles isnt, since everyone (even vegas) expects them to win.

right now the moneyline is -190...its almost better to do that than the -3 at -140. little less cash but you get the points.

i know your broke asses dont bet enough money for a bookie to take the bets but this is why you bet with bookies and not awful websites
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

the websites are essentially the same as a sports book

and on average the 10% a bookie takes of the top equates to the general -110 a line is at. it might even out, it might not because often times youll bet on a line that is +140 or something and collect more than you would normally.

like tonight at $20 bet would go like this:
eagles through a bookie: $18
eagles through sports book: 14.29
skins through a bookie: $18
skins through a sports book: 24

but also, yea, the broke thing. thats the key.

as for tonight:
eagles moneyline
over 43.5
nba game? suns pick 'em over the nuggets?

do i play right into their hands? probably, yes.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 15, 2010, 02:19:07 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 15, 2010, 02:02:12 PM

Unless you have a feeling the skins might cover/win or particularly enjoy the FF never-bet-on-your-own-team strategy, I would stay the hell away from this game like the plague.

So, what do you have for the NBA tonight?  Gonna ride your coattails on some tasty NBA parlays.

I haven't locked in any NBA stuff yet, I will do that when I get home. Probably the Mavericks 1H

I am also leaning Magic, Pistons and Nuggets