the betting thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 14, 2006, 12:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

nobody but me is betting on the derby today?

wtf?

ice grillin you

not a horse racing fan and thus dont bet on it

but i will watch the derby and i do think it would be cool to see the phillie win

and im currently sippin on a pitcher of mint juleps i always make on this day

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

The phillie got hurt after finishing second... CONSPIRACY

How crazy is it that a horse from the area gets hurt again, talk about bad luck
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

Two broken ankles, they had to Euthanize her right on the track
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

lol, send her right off to the glue factory
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i wanna muddle you up with some simple syrup and make a jewlup

MDS

sounds good but make sure the syrup is kosher
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Dillen

Does anyone else find horse racing stupid as hell? Of course there will be serious injuries, considering that there are like 15 big ass horses running full speed right next to each other.

ice grillin you

technically horses shouldnt run at all...their bodies are three thousands pounds of weight being held up by four wiffle ball bats

PoopyfaceMcGee

Ha!  Eight Belles proved that 2nd place really is the 1st loser.

rjs246

Quote from: Dillen on May 03, 2008, 10:05:03 PM
Does anyone else find horse racing stupid as hell? Of course there will be serious injuries, considering that there are like 15 big ass horses running full speed right next to each other.

I think horse racing is the shtein, but that interview with the dude who euthanized 8 Belles was the most embarrassing and eye-opening moment in televised horse racing history. Their desperate attempts to avoid the topic for the rest of the broadcast was almost as uncomfortable as the dude actually announcing the euthanization so matter of factly on live tv. Awesome.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

QB Eagles

Quote• Yesterday Hillary Clinton said she was betting on the filly, Eight Belles, to win, place and show.

Oops.

MDS

phattymatty

7-13-6 trifecta at the preakness today.

this is a reminder to myself because i'm off to get blackout drunk at a wedding.

Diomedes

just got a group of 9 half tanked and sent 'em on their way to Pimlico

still have half a pitcher of excellent black eyed susans
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger