lost san diego
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

Quote from: FFatPatt on January 14, 2007, 09:14:19 PM
Quote from: reese125 on January 14, 2007, 08:27:15 PM
some day you'll listen to me. all I do is win $

It's easy when you don't pay up on your bets.  Like the $10 you owe me for finishing with fewer points in the CFFFL AFC.

easy killer, I told you I would  pay u the measley 10 beans. I asked for your address and you said pay with PayPal or something like that. no clue how to do that. let me know and its yours

ice grillin you

superbowl line out...

AFC -6
49.5 total

Rome

How could a line be out when the teams haven't even been determined yet?

phattymatty

because the nfc eats balls. 

regardless of what the game is (NO-NE, NO-IND, CHI-NE, CHI-IND), that spread isn't going to change a whole lot.

phattymatty

so i'm out in the LA area for work for a while.  went to the los alamitos race track last night and i swear to god out of maybe 10-11 bets, my horse came in absolute last at least five times.  like not even close.  i really need to quit gambling.

PoopyfaceMcGee

What was your strategy for picking horses?

rjs246

I'm guessing long odds/big payout.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

pretty colors.

i came within half an inch of hitting an exacta, photo for second and i lost.  same thing happened to me the next race except it wasn't quite as close, maybe a few feet.

phattymatty

it's kind of my own personal tradition that i started about 5 years ago but i always thrown down a bet on the coin toss at the super bowl.  i think i may switch it up this year.

QuoteSo here's something we hadn't realized: Billy Joel is singing the national anthem at the Super Bowl. Though we are impressed that the NFL remains current and cutting edge with their selection of everyone's favorite rapidly decaying crooner, we are also curious about just how long it's gonna take him to sing it. Paul Zimmerman historically times national anthems -- he says the longest he ever timed was 2 1/2 minutes -- and CNBC's Darren Rovell is curious as well.

QuoteBodog.com has the over/under at 1:44. Before I started to even get into this, I called up the guys at Bodog to make sure I understood the bet right. They told me that it's not when the accompaniment starts. It's when Billy says the word "Oh." So I woke up this morning and sang the national anthem a couple times to see how long it would take. My regular version took 1:14. My slow version took 1:22 and my extra slow version took 1:32.

I assume a smart bettor would go through the same drill and think, how is it possibly going to get up to 1:44? Well, a smarter bettor would go to YouTube, which I did. There's only one Billy Joel version of the National Anthem. His rendition from the 2000 World Series all timed out - it's 1 minute and 37 seconds.

We'd probably still take the bet; Rovell says no one has ever gone over 1:44 (though Dr. Z, timing Beyonce from a couple of Super Bowls ago at 2:07). We just can't believe we're gonna have to look at Billy Joel for almost two minutes.

ice grillin you

so whos betting today...im going with a quarter on each bold team...

Maryland -7 vs Davidson
Texas Tech vs. BC -2.5
Stanford vs. Louisville -6
Oral Roberts  vs. Washington State -6.5
Butler -2 vs Old Dominion
Belmont vs. Gtown -17
Penn vs. Texas A M -13.5
GW vs. Vanderbilt -3.5
Duke -6.5 vs. VCU
Ohio State -21.5 vs. C.Conn St.
UCLA -20 vs. Weber St
Michigan State -2 vs. Marquette
Pitt -9.5 vs Wright St.
NC -27.5 vs. Eastern Kentucky
Xavier -2 vs. BYU
Indiana -1.5 vs Gonzaga

phattymatty

those are some tough picks, the only one i really like out of those is byu.

phattymatty

Quote from: phattymatty on January 27, 2007, 07:42:22 PM
i came within half an inch of hitting an exacta, photo for second and i lost.  same thing happened to me the next race except it wasn't quite as close, maybe a few feet.

this reminded me that last week when i was in vegas i hit exactas about 5 times.  and a trifecta once.  all $2 bets and they all paid about anywhere from $30-$110.

ice grillin you

phattymatty