the betting thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 14, 2006, 12:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 26, 2006, 10:28:35 AM
the cross country thing has nothing to do with whether a team plays the week before or not...it has to do with having to take a five hour flight and travel three time zones to play an nfl game

ah...so they are parachuting in during the national anthem. yep, they may be tired.

it's the first time someone of these people have even seen an airplane.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

again....and ill go slowly this time...i am talking about betting here...not the real world...and the fact that there is a 3-0 home dog vs a opposite coast team this week throws up many red flags
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Wingspan

except you're leaving football analysys out of this...so 3-0 could be 0-3 and it doesnt matter.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 26, 2006, 12:16:43 PM
throws up many red flags

Like, for instance, that the Ravens really aren't that good?  I could have told you that.

phattymatty

i'm not touching that game, it's a toss up to me.  i think the ravens could easily win though.  people underestimate how good of a QB Drew Brees is.  Rivers is no Brees.

ice grillin you

all that stuff means nothing

find me the last time a team predicted to go to the playoffs started out 3-0 and was an underdog at home against an opposite coast team who isnt anything special

ill bet its never happened

could the ravens win sure...but this line points so far towards the chargers its not even funny....chargers +2 = stone cold LOCK!

MURP

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 26, 2006, 01:37:11 PM

could the ravens win sure...but this line points so far towards the chargers its not even funny....chargers +2 = stone cold LOCK!

:sly

BigEd76

Ran his mouth all week.  Now he gets to eat Ramen Pride for dinner....

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

gotta play em as you see em

i hit the taterskins money line tho which saved my weekend

im putting my house on dallas this week

Feva

Your soon to be homeless ass better not come my way looking for a place to stay.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

my train to new orleans stops in the atl

Feva

don't get off... and don't follow me back from the NO.

ice grillin you

lead piper of the weekend

giants -4.5

no way the skins should be getting that many points against what should be a winless giant team

PoopyfaceMcGee

So, whenever a line seems out of whack to you, you bet the OTHER (meaning the less obvious) way, because you assume there's something the oddsmakers know that the general public doesn't?

Personally, I think the Giants are all set if they can find a way to cover Santana Moss.  Meaning I'd probably put my money on the skins to at least cover the spread, because the best answer the Giants have for Moss is R.W. McQuarters.  That's a whole world of hurt.