the betting thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 14, 2006, 12:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

yeah i switched over to it this year on the advice of someone else.  the layout looks a bit cheap and i was skeptical at first, but i like it a lot so far.  seems like they take a lot less off the top too.

of course i haven't cashed out yet, so that will ultimately be the deciding factor on whether i like it or not.

ice grillin you

chargers going across country to play the 3-0 ravens and they are -2

anyone else puzzled by this?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 26, 2006, 08:11:02 AM
chargers going across country to play the 3-0 ravens and they are +2

anyone else puzzled by this?

Chargers coming off a bye and have looked solid all-around and Ravens coming off a surprisingly close/tough victory over the farging BROWNS.  I'm surprised the Chargers aren't FAVORED.

ice grillin you

actually i typoed...they are minus 2...plus two would have been about right...i cant believe they are favored at baltimore.....im all over them this week

rjs246

Living between DC and Baltimore has rotted out your brain.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 26, 2006, 08:43:20 AM
actually i typoed...they are minus 2...plus two would have been about right...i cant believe they are favored at baltimore.....im all over them this week

Chargers -2 sounds like a perfectly reasonable line.  Did you see any of the Ravens/Browns game?

ice grillin you

chargers have beaten tenn and oak....combined zero wins

philip rivers has yet to play a real road game in his life and now hes going against the ravens d in balt

but forget all that

a west coast team coming east to play an undeafeated team....its just hard to beleive they are favored....the line just begs you to play baltimore...which i will not do...thus i will win big on sd this week

PoopyfaceMcGee

Wait... so because you believe the logic is infallable in B-more's favor, you're betting on San Diego?

ice grillin you

this isnt a football issue....the chargers could be the best team in the nfl for all i care....its a betting issue....and the fact is theres no legitimate reason sd should be favored at balt this week except for the fact that they are trying to sucker you into the ravens...something i will go the opposite way on

PoopyfaceMcGee

Your logic still makes no sense.  Which means you'll probably win your bet.

ice grillin you

it makes no sense if this were the around the nfl thread

it makes perfect sense in the betting thread

in other words i am not making judgement on the quality of either team...i am strictly saying that if you want to win money this week bet on the chargers

reese125

that game will be at Even by Saturday

very close game IMO only because all the Ravens can do is really run the ball and the Chargers have a stout run defense

Mason will be doubled, Rivers will be rattled, LT will have to face 9 in the box all game,  so  that leaves a 10-6 game WON by Baltimore

note: forget about the flight over here...they are off a bye and well rested. that theory works very well off a non-bye week

ice grillin you

the cross country thing has nothing to do with whether a team plays the week before or not...it has to do with having to take a five hour flight and travel three time zones to play an nfl game

and again...youre analyzing the game like this is the edge matchup thread...take that nerd crap elsewhere....this is a betting thread

i agree about the even thing tho...and thats because they are begging people to take bmore...which they will do and thus move the line towards even...which is my whole point....do not succumb to the suckering and take sd

reese125

Quoteand again...youre analyzing the game like this is the edge matchup thread...take that nerd crap elsewhere....this is a betting thread

so do I get those tough pills at GNC or do I put a direct order through you slick.

your a plain fool if you dont analyze every WR/def corner, OL/DL matchup, travel time, TO's, monday night games the week before before, and whatever else goes into good handicapping. Its apparent your still taking the color of your favorite helmet before you bet.  Ill be fine this year, take SD. good luck Brandon Lang

ice grillin you