Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

materiality to win (+610)
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Run you farginghorse, run!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Oh shtein, its going to happen!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Wait, wtf?  Bob Costas with the call?  C'mon horse racing.

Munson

Holy shtein. Pretty cool to watch, first one in my life time and I'm sure a few others here...
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

That is a special farging horse right there.  The stretch run was a thing of beauty. 

As for the bets, the triple paid $52 on a dollar bet.  lololol   I didn't even bother with going to the track.

Don Ho

Agreed, awesome race.  Horse racing industry got the shot it needed now if boxing can do something.

MDS

man old farts love horsies
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

so much wrong going on here

1. the horse is not special and didnt deserve the triple crown...it ran against garbage

2. this is the worst thing thats ever happened to horse racing.....all they had was "a horse hasnt won the triple crown in _____ years"....the sport is officially dead now

QB Eagles

The Belmont was a Triple Crown worthy race by the horse. Wire to wire with an excellent time, I think the best in over 20 years and better than other Triple Crown winners.

The first two victories were shams due to crap competition.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 06, 2015, 07:34:22 PM
so much wrong going on here

1. the horse is not special and didnt deserve the triple crown...it ran against garbage

2. this is the worst thing thats ever happened to horse racing.....all they had was "a horse hasnt won the triple crown in _____ years"....the sport is officially dead now

the 2nd point makes sense....the horse people are going insane thinking this will bring the sport back to what it was in the 1930s, but its actually going to do the opposite.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

No one gives a rats ass about horse racing exept for three times a year.  It's up there with track & field, basically most Olympic sports, tennis, etc.  I don't know enough about the sport to know if any of these horses running today were great, good, average or dog food.  It was still fun to watch though.

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on June 06, 2015, 07:45:07 PM
The Belmont was a Triple Crown worthy race by the horse. Wire to wire with an excellent time, I think the best in over 20 years and better than other Triple Crown winners.

The first two victories were shams due to crap competition.

fair enough....i agree with that....he ran a very good belmont....i just would have liked to have seen him challenged by another quality horse and there were none

also i wasnt just talking about today.....im talking about the triple crown win and all three races combined...im not even close to a horse racing expert but i know a good amount do to my pops and his pops being big into this and i wasnt impressed

ice grillin you

also im possibly still a little salty over smarty j

Rome

lol @ AP not being a special horse.   he only ran the second fastest time to win a triple crown behind secretariat.

and the field was far from garbage.