Fantasy Football 2008

Started by MDS, June 10, 2008, 11:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Zanshin

Man, it's earlier every year.

Cthulhu

I don't like drafting until Aug. to see how teams/players are coming along. can't see doing it in the first half of July let alone in June. But i know many people that like to do it as soon as possible....

ice grillin you

everyone wants august...if we are gonna do this i suggest making the league asap...if all the august draft dates arent already taken they will be soon
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

so...lets do it. my fantasy ego needs more padding against weird people on an internet message board.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Cthulhu

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 08, 2008, 09:05:51 PM
everyone wants august...if we are gonna do this i suggest making the league asap...if all the august draft dates arent already taken they will be soon

I didn't mean that comment for this specifically, i meant that as a general statement. what you said about august drafts is correct, there's not much choice nowadays. I hope noone mistook that statement....

ice grillin you

i know exactly what youre saying and i agree...i wouldnt even be in a (money)league if it drafts before aug 20...i was just taking what you said and applying it specifically to the leagues on this board

Cthulhu

About three years ago i ran a league on sportsline and found it hard to get everyone together for a regular draft so I picked " no time limit." This was in the end of July and into August and since we were only making a pick every now and then it went well. The thing with doing it that way is it can take a long time, one person can hold up the works so everyone needed to check in as often as possible but it ended up working out well.
Although that was a few years ago, they might not even allow that option anymore or different sites might not do it. I'm also not sure if i like it better that way, it can mess up the draft "groove" if that makes sense...

reese125

I cant see that option working out too well in here or anywhere for that matter. Im shocked it worked out well. You might have dude with the first pick going on vacation checking the internet here and there, coming back two weeks later and then the next guy picks 2nd, the 3rd picks jets to the shore...and so on....brutal.

I dont think it would be too hard getting heads to draft at 7:30 or 8pm in here

Cthulhu

No, i wouldn't suggest it for here. I was just describing it to Ice. I knew all them and what they were doing at any given time so i could "remind" them. And, that's why I have only done it one time, It just fit the circumstances.

ice grillin you

theres no way id do a live draft in a non money league...its not worth two hours of my life for squat

i really hate non money leagues period but i do one on this board because i love everyone here so much

my rules for fantasy leagues

not more than ten teams
no keeper leagues
no flex positions
no team defense
pts for receptions

break any of those rules and im not in

holla

PoopyfaceMcGee

I have a non-money keeper league going.  The 14th guy dropped out, so we need a replacement.

Positions are QB, RB, RB/WR, RB/WR, WR, WR/TE, K, D (team).

Points are standard - yardage and scoring based.

IGY, you want in?  We're doing a live draft Friday night at 7:30.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I can't get anything past you, sir!