I got crap customer service from......

Started by Beermonkey, March 27, 2007, 09:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I'm glad I'm not the only one who acts like a bitch in stores when an associate shows the tiniest shred of reluctance in helping me immediately.

Wingspan

I don't like to be bothered by customer service reps at all. Even the helpful ones can suck it. I go to the stores and try the things out, then I make most purchases online.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Rome

Ha.  I do the same thing, Wing.  I bought a watch like that once.  I went to a jewelry store and spent about a 1/2 hour trying on every model I liked.  The girl behind the counter gave me pamphlets and booklets and went over all the different features of each model with me.

She couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful.  I decided on the one I wanted, left the store, went home and bought it off a dealer on the internet and ended up saving about 40% over what I would have paid in the store.

That's the kind of shtein you end up doing time in purgatory over, though...   :-D

mussa

pretty much every corporate place is full on idiots and or indian idiots who you can't understand. not only is it frustrating enough to be calling about a problem your having, but having someone who barely speaks english try and explain it to you. uh i have nothing against indian people but for the times i had to deal with them over the phone i felt like beating one to a bloody pulp. more jobs wasted to outsource
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on March 28, 2007, 10:45:33 AM
i had nightmare customer service from Direct TV.  I'll post a copy of my letter to the bastich board members that i sent. 

Ha!  Yes, their customer relations suck assballnuts.

Diomedes

Quote from: mussa on March 28, 2007, 11:11:34 AMmore jobs wasted to outsource

more jobs lost to the sick cultural worship of profit profit profit for the rich rich rich
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eaglez

Quote from: Diomedes on March 28, 2007, 11:34:01 AM
Quote from: mussa on March 28, 2007, 11:11:34 AMmore jobs wasted to outsource

more jobs lost to the sick cultural worship of profit profit profit for the rich rich rich

That, or progress...

I'd rather have the "big corporate monsters" ship jobs to Vietnam so that those countries, which severely need capital, can build up an infrastructure and, in turn, raise their standard living. The possibility to run a profit brings corporations to 3rd world countries. As profit margins for the corporations that are in those nations increase, more corporations, seeing the increase profit margins, set up shop in those countries and start bidding up the price of labor in order to secure an adequate workforce. That competition also diminishes the profit margins. Moreover, the presence of those corporations helps build human capital in that country's workforce for professions later on. So that getting paid 20 cents a day in a factory is much more beneficial for someone then spending a day rummaging through garbage. Investment in 3rd world countries = good.

Plus, corporations take advantage of economies of scale, which lower transaction costs per unit by spreading out costs over countless transactions. I like my cheap, good quality, products thank you very much. Sure, some corporations do shady things, but from an economic perspective they do more harm than good. I don't have much sympathy for someone who feels "entitled" to be paid an above-market wage (through unions that extort businesses) for menial work and then have the audacity to complain about it when Hung Pow in Vietnam can do just as quality work for a fraction of the cost.

Anyways, I don't care much for customer service. I actually rather steer clear of most sales persons because they constantly try to throw in some piece of junk you don't want. I do my research on the internet and usually purchase a lot of my "higher-end" products from the internet. Furniture could be different. But, overall, with the advent of the accessibility of the internet and the information contained on it, I rather just get what I need and go then be harassed to buy something else.

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

ice grillin you

3/29 - When I do get around to buying that big-screen high-def TV, I definitely won't be buying it at Circuit City. It fired sales workers making less than $12 an hour, calling them "overpaid," while its CEO rakes in millions in salary, bonuses, and stock awards. According to today's Washington Post, the Richmond-based electronics retailer fired 3,400 employees in stores across the country yesterday, saying they were making too much money and would be replaced by new hires willing to work for less. The company gave the dismissed workers severance pay and told them that after 10 weeks they were free to apply for any openings. Employees reached by a reporter said they were notified yesterday morning and told to leave immediately. Steven Rash, 24, said he was one of 11 workers fired at a Circuit City in Asheville, NC. He said he earned $11.59 an hour and worked from 15 to 20 hours a week. He received four weeks of severance pay. Meanwhile, Circuit City chief executive Philip Schoonover received a salary of $716,346, along with a $704,700 bonus last year. He also has long-term compensation of $3 million in stock awards and $340,000 in underlying options, according to company filings. Hey Phil, just try to live on a wage of less than $12 an hour, you cheap bastich.....
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

dis12

Quote from: Beermonkey on March 28, 2007, 10:39:47 AM
When I bought my main PC about 2 years, I went to Best Buy first. When I started to browse around, I was asked right away if I needed help. I told him that I wanted to familiarize myself with what they have first, then I'll ask for help if I'm buying or have questions.

I spent about 1/2 hour comparing PC's & settled on the one I was going to buy. I sought out the salesman & asked if I he could ring me up. He told me that he's "with someone and that I should have taken his help when he first asked me". Having the impulse control of a 6-year old, I started dropping the f word on him & started walking out of the store. By coincidence, they store manager was standing by the exit & asked if I found everything I needed.  I told to tell that little fat bastich in the computer section to stick a computer up his ass, as I'm heading down the street to Circuit City to buy my computer.
if you really needed info on computers and how much to spend and where to buy, you should have first gone to the experts at CF.  no bullshtein, just first-hand knowledge and plenty of good (and crappy) experiences. 
you shouldn't have to go through the hassle of dealing with $12/hr (and occasionally inexperienced) clerks...and then feeling the need to shove a  17" monitor up their ass.  (save your stress for Dallas fans >:D)
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

Beermonkey

Quote from: dis12 on March 29, 2007, 11:00:24 AM
if you really needed info on computers and how much to spend and where to buy, you should have first gone to the experts at CF.  no bullshtein, just first-hand knowledge and plenty of good (and crappy) experiences. 
you shouldn't have to go through the hassle of dealing with $12/hr (and occasionally inexperienced) clerks...and then feeling the need to shove a  17" monitor up their ass.  (save your stress for Dallas fans >:D)

Last time I took any advice from people on CF/EMB, I ended up renting "Dude, Where's My Car?". Never frigging again. 

I almost never solicite any advice from salespeople, and never bought anything based on a sales person's input. I can be outright prick to them if they keep bugging me & I don't like them.

On positive note, these two businesses get 5 gold beermonkey stars from me for exceptional customer interactions this week:

Home Depot, Warrington - Peggy in the kitchen design dept.

Oskar Huber Furniture, Southampton - unknown saleswoman. patient, respectful, asked the right questions & met my needs.

PoopyfaceMcGee

While this Circuit City crap seems outwardly harsh, it's simply the business.  Brick-and-mortar retail stores are getting clobbered my online stores on price due to lack of overhead.  They try to make a value-add sell to consumers, but people aren't seeing much value truly added, so they continue to search for the lowest price online.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Beermonkey on March 29, 2007, 11:28:40 AM

I know the guy in charge of "loss prevention" (security) at that exact store.

He'll wreck your shtein if you try to steal from there.

dis12

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 29, 2007, 11:33:00 AM
Quote from: Beermonkey on March 29, 2007, 11:28:40 AM

I know the guy in charge of "loss prevention" (security) at that exact store.

He'll wreck your shtein if you try to steal from there.
great!  you distract him, and we'll rob the place blind.  we'll use beermonkey's van.
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Beermonkey on March 29, 2007, 11:28:40 AMHome Depot, Warrington - Peggy in the kitchen design dept.

Oskar Huber Furniture, Southampton - unknown saleswoman. patient, respectful, asked the right questions & met my needs.

Did you at least wear a condom?