Man made global warming is real.

Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2007, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

Cerevant

Let's see how many people I can piss off with one post:

This morning on CBC Radio 1, I heard a report about pigs.  Part of it mentioned that the livestock industry creates more greenhouse gases than the transportation industry.  Futher, raising pigs is one of the most environmentally harmful of the bunch in terms of greenhouse gases & water pollution.

So remember, the next time you sit down for a greasy breakfast at a diner - that bacon is causing global warming!  ;D
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

rjs246

Quote from: Cerevant on February 16, 2007, 10:52:54 AM

This morning on CBC Radio 1, I heard a report about pigs.  Part of it mentioned that the livestock industry creates more greenhouse gases than the transportation industry.  Futher, raising pigs is one of the most environmentally harmful of the bunch in terms of greenhouse gases & water pollution.

So remember, the next time you sit down for a greasy breakfast at a diner - that bacon is causing global warming! 

Same goes for cattle farms if I recall correctly. Difference being that pigs and cows are delicious, while cars taste like metal and road ass.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Cerevant on February 16, 2007, 10:52:54 AM

So remember, the next time you sit down for a greasy breakfast at a diner - that bacon is causing global warming!  ;D

Then I had a large pile of global warming this morning.  And it was delicious!

Rome

As long as I can have bacon, I don't give a shtein if the polar ice caps melt to the size of an igloo.

Wingspan

Global warming only means that bacon will cook faster
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Geowhizzer

We have a freeze warning tonight.  I've got to eat more bacon.

Munson

1979:

2003:

Pictures like this are never very comforting.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

The only comfort is that we all have a ticket to the end of the line, which stop is sooner than later.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eaglez

http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0220/p03s01-ussc.html

Here is the livestock report. Fear beef.

If you believe that they can gauge accurately the amount of CO2 emissions attributable to each class of actors, then it seems as though livestock contributes more to CO2 emissions than transportation.

rjs246

The Earth is farged. Just buy a snowblower.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Wingspan

Quote from: Munson on February 19, 2007, 11:15:16 PM
1979:

2003:

Pictures like this are never very comforting.

I read somewhere that this is one of the few periods in the earths history that there were ice caps on the North and South Poles.

And while it's true, that the northern arctic ice is melting, the southern antarctic ice is actually growing.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

phillymic2000

Al Gore's film won tonight, the funny thing (if it isn't true) is that one of the producers said he wanted to thank Gore for his 30years of efforts on global warming. Now I never heard him say a word about Global warming when he was the VP in office, or any other time until he ran against GW.  :-D just reminds me of the inventing the internet stuff.

MDS

You god damn liberals. God bless America, and your souls.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Cerevant

Quote from: phillymic2000 on February 26, 2007, 12:37:35 AMNow I never heard him say a word about Global warming when he was the VP in office, or any other time until he ran against GW.

Just because you don't remember it, it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Quote from: phillymic2000 on February 26, 2007, 12:37:35 AM
just reminds me of the inventing the internet stuff.

Just because you remember it, doesn't mean it happened.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.