Phillies season 9

Started by MURP, September 14, 2005, 09:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

MDS

What happened to leading off the thread with  :deion?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Rome

Unless Webster changed the definition of "awesome" to "ass-suckingly awful," this thread just got off to a bad start.

:-X

MURP

Quote from: MDS on September 14, 2005, 09:51:16 AM
What happened to leading off the thread with :deion?

I felt I owed David Bell for his awesomeness this year. 

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

I thought Abreu was awesome.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

mikey418

You are all wrong.  Lieber*cough*thal has been the most awesome.....actually, he has been heating up.

I'm just prepared to have my heart tore out yet again as they sweep Braves only go to Florida and get swept....
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

rjs246

I love that Rollins is on a 19 game hitting streak and still hasn't been able to get is OBP above .320. What a douche.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

19-game hitting streaks aren't all they're cracked up to be when a guy routinely goes 1-5 to keep the streak alive.

Rollins is as undisciplined as they come at the plate.  Apparently, there's no changing that.  If a guy like Tony Gwynn can't get him to see the light, I doubt the hacks the Phillies hired as hitting instructors would do any better.

MDS

Quote from: rjs246 on September 14, 2005, 02:28:19 PM
I love that Rollins is on a 19 game hitting streak and still hasn't been able to get is OBP above .320. What a douche.

He's been on a tear since wednesday. Before that, his hitting streak was nothing to brag about.

rjs246

He sucks. What a waste of talent.

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

Yea, we should start Tomas Perez over him.

rjs246

No, you should toss 7 or 8 hand grenades into the dugout between innings, plow under the stadium and rid the city of baseball forever.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Quote from: rjs246 on September 14, 2005, 03:26:33 PM
No, you should toss 7 or 8 hand grenades into the dugout between innings, plow under the stadium and rid the city of baseball forever.

Terrorist.