2016 Head Coach Search

Started by Butchers Bill, December 29, 2015, 07:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

its kinda neat to hear a player who may not be on the team next year chime in on who should be the new coach
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

adam gase interview locked and loaded

Don Ho

Win today, lose today whatever.  They lose a few spots in the draft, I don't care.  This organization hasn't had a descent #1 pick in years (with the exception of Cox and MaClin) and I am still not confident if Howie's meddling again.  I am not to caught up in the draft position, what are they at now, #13?  Yes, #9 would have been nice but there will be some good OL/Defensive talent available at 13.  No second is a big concern.  Well if Chip was still here you know we'd be prepping for the arrival of DeForrest Buckner.

Just get us a damn coach!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Tomahawk

That article also mention John Harbaugh and Doug Pederson....Go Eagles!!

And it says Bradford is the best QB in the history of the Eagles.

Quote* Sam Bradford had a 78.9 completion percentage against the Giants, completing 30 of 38 passes. That's the highest single-game completion percentage ever by an Eagles quarterback with at least 30 attempts.

* Over the last three games, Bradford had 1,061 passing yards. That's the second highest three-game total by an Eagles quarterback. Donovan McNabb threw for 1,076 yards in a three-game span in 2005.

* In his last six starts, Bradford had a 99.1 passer rating.

* Bradford completed six of nine third-down passes for 75 yards and six first downs against the Giants. In his last five starts, he had a 104.8 passer rating on third down. Twenty-six of his 36 third-down completions resulted in first downs.

* Bradford set single-season franchise records this season for completions (346) and completion percentage (65.0).

* His five 300-yard passing games tied a club record set by McNabb in '04 and Sonny Jurgensen in '61.

QB Eagles

So Payton and Harbaugh top Lurie's list? Who's #3... Bill Belichick?

The Saints aren't going to fire Payton but they'd probably be willing to trade him for Fletcher Cox and the Eagles #1.

PhillyPhreak54

Payton is my top choice too but yeah he's not getting fired

Saints beat guy said Payton's criteria for new team is;

Strong ownership
Functional management
Elite QB
Proximity to family
High profile team

Eagles have 3/5

BigEd76

FOX reporting Teryl Austin (Lions DC) and Ben McAdoo (Giants OC) will be interviewed

PhillyPhreak54

No thank you on both of those dudes

Shurmur interviews tomorrow
Gase on Tuesday

QB Eagles

Quote from: SD on January 03, 2016, 10:33:02 PM
Sean Payton is the top candidate

http://mobile.philly.com/beta?wss=%2Fphilly%2Fsports%2Feagles&id=364081731

Checking my reading comprehension skills here:

So this article says that the Eagles are pretending that Howie isn't the real GM, just in case a coaching candidate is turned off by the idea of working with Howie? And Donahoe is really a retired guy who is gone as soon as the new coach comes in?

Sounds like a winning plan for an elite organization.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah nice attempt at a smokescreen, Jeff

Does he tell the coaching candidates to pay no mind to the little fella behind the curtain?

Don Ho

Can the Complex just make this easier and just release who they're not interviewing.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Tomahawk on January 03, 2016, 10:42:19 PM
And it says Bradford is the best QB in the history of the Eagles.

he's the only qb ever in his prime to be the best in the history of his franchise but not be as good as his current back up

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 04, 2016, 12:02:51 AM
Quote from: SD on January 03, 2016, 10:33:02 PM
Sean Payton is the top candidate

http://mobile.philly.com/beta?wss=%2Fphilly%2Fsports%2Feagles&id=364081731

Checking my reading comprehension skills here:

So this article says that the Eagles are pretending that Howie isn't the real GM, just in case a coaching candidate is turned off by the idea of working with Howie? And Donahoe is really a retired guy who is gone as soon as the new coach comes in?

Sounds like a winning plan for an elite organization.

I see it as if lurie has a shot at someone elite or who he deems elite like Payton and that hire wants last say on personnel then howies role will be greatly diminished if not eliminated

whereas if they hire a young buck liked a gase who carries no weight then howie gets the gm job and a much more prominent role in picking players

basically what he's thinking is that by hiring a permanent gm whether it be howie or someone else before a coach that it could eliminate certain candidates before the search even begins

as for donahoe I was always under the impression that he is a consultant to help with the coach hire then he's essentially gone 

SD

Article says NO wouldn't outright part ways with Payton but that NO might be open to trading him for a 2nd rounder. Do you make that trade? I know they don't have a second this season so it would have to be a future pick.