Donovan McNabb

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 21, 2008, 12:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorebird

But.........LJ is great, what I said last year about the Giants backup Boss being better was pure craziness.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: shorebird on October 08, 2008, 10:20:52 AM
I don't think the primary fault can be laid on McNabb, that has to be the dumbass who has been playing in this offense since forever and can't even line up in his designated spot. LJ screwed the play from the get go.

What kind of idiot QB tells the center to go ahead and snap the ball on 3rd and 1 from the 2 (down 9 points in the 4th quarter at home against a divisional opponent), when the team is not aligned properly and clearly doesn't know what's going on?  I expect some idiocy from football players, like LJ in this case.  But McNabb has to realize the importance of the situation and call timeout.

shorebird

Point taken, McNabb is running the offense, and yeah, he should've called timeout.

pinoyboy2pt0

they discussed this on DNL.  ike and hugh (fwiw) said he should have called a timeout, reid or mcnabb.  runyan said a timeout should have been called bc you got points on the board at stake, but also said if the play was blocked right (LJ) westbrook "walks into the endzone."
Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No pro bowl WR's.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Retarded special teams.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  "I've got to do a better job."  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Running game shines for 3 plays. Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No adjustments anywhere.  Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  (repeat)

shorebird

So LJ screwed up twice in on play?

Phanatic

It was a close game with a down to the wire call and several Eagle players were in a position to screw things up. What is so surprising or discussion worthy that they actually all screwed the pooch collectively anyway.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

pinoyboy2pt0

Quote from: shorebird on October 08, 2008, 11:24:05 AM
So LJ screwed up twice in on play?

yeah, i posted this in the skins thread but looks like it got a little lost...

he got surprised (this was on DNL today w/runyan) bc LJ farging smith lined up on the wrong side, dmac had to audible to accommodate LJ, then when the play was snapped, LJ blocked the wrong guy (he blocked in) and the guy klecko blocked was supposed to be blocked by LJ and Tra didn't really block anyone (bc LJ farged up and took his guy)

the play was supposed to attack the weak d set up on the right, but since lj was on the left 5 switched it to that side, they said it still could have worked but lj farged up again on the blocking scheme.
Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No pro bowl WR's.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Retarded special teams.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  "I've got to do a better job."  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Running game shines for 3 plays. Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No adjustments anywhere.  Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  (repeat)

Rome

QuoteDonovan McNabb sent rookie wide receiver DeSean Jackson a loud and clear message Sunday. Jackson, who caught 22 passes in the Eagles' first four games, had one reception for 8 yards against the taterskins. He ran a sloppy slant route in the second quarter that resulted in a near-interception by Carlos Rogers and never saw the ball again. Jackson was on the field for 18 of the Eagles' next 24 snaps. McNabb threw 16 more passes in the game. None were in Jackson's direction.

Why does this not surprise me in the least?

Teach him a lesson, Donovan!  It doesn't matter that he's the best player on the field!

Bishmade idiot.

ice grillin you

mcnabb cares way more about not throwing interceptions than he does making plays....its why for a guy who isnt a great thrower he has one of the all time best pass to interception ratios
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

mussa

that is incredibly accurate load your gun and kill yourself
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 08, 2008, 05:15:07 PM
mcnabb cares way more about not throwing interceptions than he does making plays....its why for a guy who isnt a great thrower he has one of the all time best pass to interception ratios

Where do you come up with this shtein?

Rome

You hear things, Jay, and dismiss them.  Then you hear more and start to wonder.  Owens always said that McNabb was a jealous little bitch whenever someone else got attention, and lo and behold the rookie was garnering attention like crazy.  Is it really that far of a stretch to imagine he was putting Jackson in his place despite the fact that the rest of the receivers on the team are little more than hot garbage?

I'm not much for conspiracies but this sort of thing happens way too often with McNabb.  And now he's whining like a fag on his "blog" about the Eagles being better than their opponents and he's embarrassed by how his team is playing?  Oh, really?  And how about you, Don?  How you feeling about ignoring your most effective weapon for most of the second half?  Is that really the best way to win a football game especially with Westbrook being dinged up?

I've had it with Reid more than anything but if McNabb is truly acting as petty and vindictive as that passage made him out to be, then he should be on the first bus the farg out of town.  And sooner rather than later.

MadMarchHare

But hey, at least he makes about 10MM next year.  YAY!
Anyone but Reid.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on October 08, 2008, 06:36:51 PM
You hear things, Jay, and dismiss them.  Then you hear more and start to wonder.  Owens always said that McNabb was a jealous little bitch whenever someone else got attention, and lo and behold the rookie was garnering attention like crazy.  Is it really that far of a stretch to imagine he was putting Jackson in his place despite the fact that the rest of the receivers on the team are little more than hot garbage?

I'm not much for conspiracies but this sort of thing happens way too often with McNabb.  And now he's whining like a fag on his "blog" about the Eagles being better than their opponents and he's embarrassed by how his team is playing?  Oh, really?  And how about you, Don?  How you feeling about ignoring your most effective weapon for most of the second half?  Is that really the best way to win a football game especially with Westbrook being dinged up?

I've had it with Reid more than anything but if McNabb is truly acting as petty and vindictive as that passage made him out to be, then he should be on the first bus the farg out of town.  And sooner rather than later.

I don't buy it at all. If the Eagles were the Patriots and McNabb was Tom Brady who had mounds of adulations and accolades tossed upon him I could see someone getting a big head. But McNabb knows his track record and the teams track record with him at the helm.

McNabb's last playoff appearance was in Jacksonville in 2005. Dude hasn't been in them in going on 4 years. So for him to alienate someone or put them in their place makes no sense to me.

I give zero validity to what Owens says. Even if McNabb was narcissistic and all about 5, he still has a long way to go to catch up to the narcissism that emanates from Owens. So I'll strike TOs junk from the record because I just don't believe it.

How can McNabb, a guy who has been loathed in Philadelphia, get jealous of someone taking attention from him when he never has been a focal point of undying love in the first place?

So he should hate Dawkins too, maybe put him in his place because Dawk gets way more love than McNabb has or ever will.

Should McNabb chide one of his receivers or lineman when the farg up? [Palin]You betcha![/Palin]

But I do not see him purposely ignoring guys. Because if that was the case Johnson, Small, Brown, Baskett, Lewis, and whoever else you can think of who sucked would have never sniffed a ball.

He did pay Freddie no mind because Freddie was a fleshpophead no talent ass clown who couldn't run routes and popped off way too much.

He never ignored TO, even after Owens ripped him.

DeSean's snaps were reduced somewhat on Sunday. Why did we see Avant, Lewis and Baskett out there so much? That would be on Reid, not McNabb. Unless Donovan is telling him who to send out on the field.

ice grillin you

mcnabbs goal in life is to be loved...loved by the media...loved by the fans...and when he doesnt get that love or god forbid someone else gets it then he flips out

the guy has serious emotional problems...its a shame to because his talent level is high enough to win a superbowl...unfortunately the talent doesnt extend to his brain and personality
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous