Pennington might be done for season

Started by WEST is GOD, September 26, 2005, 08:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEST is GOD

Mortenson said he confirmed a report that Pennington was told he has a torn rotator cuff. It might just be scar tissue, but if it's torn he's done for the season.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

Sgt PSN

Then he reported that the Jets might be interested in trading for Billy Volek (makes sense) or Patrick Ramsey.  :-D

SD_Eagle5

Brooks Bollinger will get the call on Sunday vs. the Ravens. I'm not a betting man, but if I were, I'd take the under.

WEST is GOD

Volek is better than Pennington right now. Pennington's arm is farged. It would be a good move.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

MDS

Why would the Titans trade Volek when McNair is going to have the inevitable spleen injury anyday?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Bigskinbauer

nfl network said that pennington is done for the year, this might be closing in on ending his career.  about Ramsey being traded there are lots of taterskin fans thinking that this is a possibility.  i could care less right now if ramsey is gone because he is never going to play for the taterskins ever again. 
GO TERPS

MadMarchHare

Of course they'll want Ramsey.  Think how much money they'll save on relocation costs.
Anyone but Reid.

rjs246

A midseason trade for a quarterback? I wonder what the Skins could even get for Ramsey at this point.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Larry

I think AJ Feeley would be a good fit for the Jets since he already knows the offense, and he can throw the killer INT just as well as Jay Fiedler.
More Mahe please.

phattymatty

Bollinger reminds me of a young Joe Montana.  They'll be fine.

Zanshin

Quote from: Larry on September 27, 2005, 09:54:14 AM
I think AJ Feeley would be a good fit for the Jets since he already knows the offense, and he can throw the killer INT just as well as Jay Fiedler.

How does Feeley know the offense?  He never played for Heimerdinger.

rjs246

Quote from: phattymatty on September 27, 2005, 09:55:09 AM
Bollinger reminds me of a young Joe Montana.  They'll be fine.

Very young. Possibly a 5 or 6 year old Montana.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Zanshin

MURP

Pennington has always been overrated IMO.  He hasnt ever even started a full season in the NFL.  His lone great trait was having good accuracy with short passes in the WCO.   I cant really find anything else about him that was great.  In the long run that doesnt cut it.  Probably best for the Jets that they be forced to find a new starter. 

phattymatty

He did have that sick juke a few years ago that left some DEN CBs jock laying on the ground.