ps- GET WADE!
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Rome

Making fun of losers isn't our style.

We leave that to Yankees fans...

:-D

hunt

apparently mds, sd eagle, avenger, & phreak disagree. :-D

anyway, i'll give my thoughts on what the moves they need to make in my yankees offseason thread. :deion

Rome

Why waste time making fun of the Yankees?

Their annual collapse in the postseason isn't worth ridiculing at this point.  In fact, the exact opposite is true.  The other teams in MLB should take it as inspiration that no matter how much money you throw at a problem, there's no beating smart decision making when it comes to personnel.

The Yanks simply haven't been as smart as other teams during the past five years in that regard.

Then again, neither have the Phillies, so in essence, making fun of the Yankees is hypocritical when the Phillies have been exactly as stupid since they haven't won dick either.

hunt

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on October 11, 2005, 08:40:24 AM
Their annual collapse in the postseason isn't worth ridiculing at this point.  In fact, the exact opposite is true.  The other teams in MLB should take it as inspiration that no matter how much money you throw at a problem, there's no beating smart decision making when it comes to personnel.

it's only been 5 years since they won it all...i'm not sure that qualifies as an "annual collapse".  anyway, there is one piece of good news for the yanks....kevin brown's contract is officially expired. ;D

rjs246

Sweet. Only four teams left until the season is over.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Quote from: mhunt on October 11, 2005, 08:48:22 AM

it's only been 5 years since they won it all...i'm not sure that qualifies as an "annual collapse".  anyway, there is one piece of good news for the yanks....kevin brown's contract is officially expired. ;D

Come on, bro.  If the Yankees go a year without winning it all, it's an annual collapse to Steinbrenner.  Five years is a fricken eternity.

hunt

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on October 11, 2005, 08:59:08 AM

Come on, bro.  If the Yankees go a year without winning it all, it's an annual collapse to Steinbrenner.  Five years is a fricken eternity.

maybe to georgie...but not to a rational baseball fan.

and since you're all on the edge of your seats waiting for my yankees offseason thread...i'll give you a sneak preview.

they should trade a-rod to the mets for david wright & mike cameron...the muts might just be dumb enough to do it. :deion

SunMo

i threw up in my mouth when i saw that he was paid 15 million this year
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

A-Fraud isn't going anywhere.

4-32 in the playoffs after the Yanks went up 3-0 against Boston last year equals Yankee for life.

You're stuck with him so don't go planning on selling that #13 jersey on Ebay any time soon.

;D

Diomedes

Living in NY, this is especially delicious.  Yankees fans were strutting a few days ago when Boston got knocked out, cocky bastiches sauntering about everywhere in their grotesque Cowboy manner, gloating over the Red Sox failure.

Now they're eating dirt, consoling each other that at least the Red Sox are out, too.  Pathetic fans.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hunt

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on October 11, 2005, 09:19:46 AM
A-Fraud isn't going anywhere.

4-32 in the playoffs after the Yanks went up 3-0 against Boston last year equals Yankee for life.

You're stuck with him so don't go planning on selling that #13 jersey on Ebay any time soon.

;D

i haven't owned a baseball jersey since i was 12 years old. :-D   has anyone??