2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

and PG used to be legit, too

once you go south jerz, get the kids, join the PTA and shtein, its all downhill

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

granted i dont have kids thank god but just because you pop some fishies out dont mean the phillies disgracing the city means less because your children are still breathing

newsflash. your kids are upper middle class whites. theyll be fine. your baseball team is a farcical colossal embarrassment. 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

yeah, i'm the idiot for wanting a suprerior player to j-roll to come in and play.

my bad. 

1st pitch pop ups ftl
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

hes the biggest farging loser in the entire world

this team is pathetic and gutless enough you want to add a farging stat humping tranny to the mix

smeags

amazing how the steppford fan mentality took hold of so many in this fanbase. all season i had a guy i know rip into me because i dared to question anything this team did wrong because "they won it all in '08".

thankfully nobody on this board ever acted like a steppford fan.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

phillycrew

Phillies will get them next year.  Ibanez and Lidge and their large salaries will be clear.  HOF Brown and Mayberry will be a nice platoon in left.  Got to keep Cole and Madson. 

Munson

Mayberry's going to be at 1B for at least the first month or two of the season. So it's gonna have to be Brown/Fransisco. Hopefully Brown is ready to step up and be a mostly every day guy. I think he was finally starting to swing the bat good before he got sent down, then things fell apart for him down there.

Jimmy apparently has now said it has to be 5 years, or 4 years with a player option. lol he's so gone...
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

I can't see anyone offering him 5 years.  Jesus Jroll, take the three year deal His Royal Highness Rueben offers and shut up. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Quote from: phillycrew on October 11, 2011, 12:04:19 PM
Phillies will get them next year.  Ibanez and Lidge and their large salaries will be clear.  HOF Brown and Mayberry will be a nice platoon in left.  Got to keep Cole and Madson.

is there a response for this or do we just accept it and move on

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MDS on October 11, 2011, 01:02:39 PM
Quote from: phillycrew on October 11, 2011, 12:04:19 PM

is there a response for this or do we just accept it and move on

What's the point? It's not completely incorrect, but it's a small consolation when you could argue that the entire infield needs to be replaced.

ice grillin you

Sgt PSN

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 11, 2011, 03:06:42 PM
They were, but I guess it wasn't in the cards.

Maybe it is now finally time to close this thread.