2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

the 2011 phillies have single handedly sent philly sports back into the dark ages...we are basically back to counting the number of seasons played since the last title...it has essentially erased the 2008 title...it barely existed as it was but now its gone...doesnt matter anymore....thanks a lot for ripping our guts out you choking fargs...this is the modern version of 1964
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i will never get over this

its the biggest disgrace in philly sports history

im not even sure i can stomach an mlbtv order next year. and with the eagles, no sixers....farging christ.

blow it up. blow it the farg up.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

jimmy never blamed anyone...he merely said the crowd was dead sunday which is was

polly has 11 mil over the next two years and a small buyout in 2013 which i think is a couple mil?

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 08, 2011, 01:46:49 AM

im not even sure i can stomach an mlbtv order next year. and with the eagles, no sixers....farging christ.

i decided a couple months ago that if they dont bring jimmy back im out for next year as far as getting EI

Eagles_Legendz

3 hits, 2 errors.  Ruiz and Polanco had 3 hits the entire series.  Howard had no hits after game 1.  Pence was useless.  Lee and Oswalt blew.  Disgrace.

Cut Polanco in the offseason.  Lets stop worshiping at the alter of Rube when he signs washed up players to multi year deals and they are half decent for 3 months. 

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Raul.  No option pickup for Oswalt please.  Adios Lidge.  farg you Jimmy if you're going to hold the team hostage for a 5 yr deal too.  3 fargING HITS in a win or go home game.  3.  Halladay left his nuts on the field tonight and the team spat on them

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 08, 2011, 01:47:17 AM
jimmy never blamed anyone...he merely said the crowd was dead sunday which is was

polly has 11 mil over the next two years and a small buyout in 2013 which i think is a couple mil?

thought polanco only has next yr at 6 mil left?

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 08, 2011, 01:49:12 AM

i decided a couple months ago that if they dont bring jimmy back im out for next year as far as getting EI

maybe my tone will change in april but right now the thought of this team makes me physically violent and ill

they are such a farcical disgrace. to win 102 games and then collapse and choke to the god damn farging piece of shtein cardinals. its a farging joke. its a farging god damn mother farging joke. a joke. theres nothing else to say. its a disgrace and they will never recover or live it down.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on October 08, 2011, 01:51:49 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 08, 2011, 01:47:17 AM

thought polanco only has next yr at 6 mil left?

well he does if they buyout 2013 which they almost certainly will....in that case he has like 8 mil over the next two years...six in 2012 and lets say two in 2013...i dont exactly what the buyout is

Don Ho

You never get over this shtein.  I'm still fuming over Black Friday!  Snuck a radio into school that day.  1978 and the ball dropping in front of Garry Maddox in CF in LA, yes LA.  Still pissed about Joe Morgan tripping rounding third in the 1983 WS.  Mitch Wiliams makes me cry.  Swept by the Rockies.  Johnny Damon in 09. 

They can shove 102 wins right up our asses.

You're right IGY, this has all come full circle from 2007.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 08, 2011, 01:52:58 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 08, 2011, 01:49:12 AM

maybe my tone will change in april but right now the thought of this team makes me physically violent and ill

they are such a farcical disgrace. to win 102 games and then collapse and choke to the god damn farging piece of shtein cardinals. its a farging joke. its a farging god damn mother farging joke. a joke. theres nothing else to say. its a disgrace and they will never recover or live it down.

couldnt agree more with the first statement...but ive felt this way since the early summer of 2010....which is why ive been such a salty negative ornery bastich for the last couple seasons...and the reason i was is because i could see how these last two seasons were going to end....this offense is a pathetic disgrace....thus the regular season wins meant nothing to me while you fargs jerked off to a guaranteed back to back world series titles

Eagles_Legendz

the weird thing is, it's usually the young teams that can't perform with the spotlight on, and then once they get there and breakthrough finally, those players become a force because of their experience.  this team broke through and then has routinely and more drastically shat the bed every year since.  yeah they've gotten older, but that doesn't explain it all.  this core of players i used to have 100% faith in in terms of coming through when the money was on the table.  they always showed up when it mattered.  that's all gone now and i dunno why.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 08, 2011, 01:59:23 AMcouldnt agree more with the first statement...but ive felt this way since the early summer of 2010....which is why ive been such a salty negative ornery bastich for the last couple seasons...and the reason i was is because i could see how these last two seasons were going to end....this offense is a pathetic disgrace....thus the regular season wins meant nothing to me while you fargs jerked off to a guaranteed back to back world series titles

i never guaranteed a world series. i guaranteed an nl east title. once the playoff hit it was ON and i was in full woe is me philly fan sky is falling mode. now im in murderous anger i literally want to kill someone mode.

i want to see rube's face right now. this majestic team he put together won exactly 2 playoff games and couldnt buy a hit for their god damn lives. farg them. i dont even know. whats the point. i quit. im done.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on October 08, 2011, 01:59:33 AM
the weird thing is, it's usually the young teams that can't perform with the spotlight on, and then once they get there and breakthrough finally, those players become a force because of their experience.  this team broke through and then has routinely and more drastically shat the bed every year since.  yeah they've gotten older, but that doesn't explain it all.  this core of players i used to have 100% faith in in terms of coming through when the money was on the table.  they always showed up when it mattered.  that's all gone now and i dunno why.

yup...the phillies were or should have been the late 90's early 2000 yankee teams...maybe not four titles or whatever they won but minimum two and probably three....i mean the talent on these teams has been sick...but they have a horrible manager and a below the charts team IQ....the yankees had joe torre and somehow combined the phillies talent with the IQ of the cardinals

Quote from: MDS on October 08, 2011, 02:03:24 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 08, 2011, 01:59:23 AMcouldnt agree more with the first statement...but ive felt this way since the early summer of 2010....which is why ive been such a salty negative ornery bastich for the last couple seasons...and the reason i was is because i could see how these last two seasons were going to end....this offense is a pathetic disgrace....thus the regular season wins meant nothing to me while you fargs jerked off to a guaranteed back to back world series titles

i never guaranteed a world series. i guaranteed an nl east title. once the playoff hit it was ON and i was in full woe is me philly fan sky is falling mode. now im in murderous anger i literally want to kill someone mode.

i want to see rube's face right now. this majestic team he put together won exactly 2 playoff games and couldnt buy a hit for their god damn lives. farg them. i dont even know. whats the point. i quit. im done.

i hate the guy but rube is the one person you cant be mad at...he put a team together that should have won it all...he did all he could have done

MDS

then who gets the blame? who falls from this?

he did everything he could this year, but the choke extension, 3 year deal for polanco, lee contract....jesus they are going to awful for the next 5 years. he put all his chips in the for one measly year and it didnt happen. it was farging stupid. this game is such a crapshoot and to go all in for 2011 was insane.

he deserves blame just like manuel does for being a fat idiot, just like lee does for giving away game 2, just like every single position player does for their limp dick performance.

just talking about this makes me angry. beer isnt helping. god i want to punch someone.

ice grillin you

rube went all in for this year and they didnt do it...if they win this year future deals dont matter....i think where you can blame him is that he overestimates the length of their window....imo its over now...he thinks they have till 2014 (when halladays deal is over)...maybe he will be right...but i dont see it...at that point you can get into him...but for this year specifically i think he gets a pass