2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

christ im so mad but of all the homocidal thoughts in my head the one that is most amazing to me is that before the game it was neat to say in a tongue and cheek manor that the phillies would lose 1-0....because like their offense is so bad and halladay is so good...get it?

the difference tho btwn philly sports and anywhere else in the world is that the phillies actually DID lose 1-0...its wasnt just the funny thing to say...it actually farging happened....it wasnt 2-0 or 3-2 or the game didnt totally suprise everyopne and end up 5-4....it actually ended up one farging zero...who else does this happen to?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

worst moment of the game for me was choke getting the green light on 3-0 to lead off the 7th.

opportunities were so rare in the game, that seemed like the ultimate squander.

ice grillin you

i was for it at the time....and now even more it looks like the right move...him going yard there was your best and only chance to score all night....thus you have to go for it...if he walks there no way they are stringing his fat ass around the bases with a few hits

if its say victorino who isnt an extreme power guy and can get on base and possibly get himself down to second and in scoring position then its a different argument...but choke cant get around the bases so him being on first doesnt do much for you

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

choke contract (now with a torn achilles)

2012 - 20 mil
2013 - 20 mil
2014 - 25 mil
2015 - 25 mil
2016 - 25 mil
2017 - 10 mil buyout

phifer

2012 - 21 mil
2013 - 25 mil
2014 - 25 mil
2015 - 25 mil
2016 - 27.5 mil

whats crazy is that GRIT is already on his last legs and has 47 mil coming to him but because its "only" for three years it doesnt seem as bad when in reality its super painful...the above contracts tho are inter galactic awful

PhillyPhreak54

Something that drives me crazy is when reporters get pissy about players not talking to them.

Jimmy and Bonehead didn't speak afterwards...and there's Eskin crushing him on Twitter about it. If I was an athlete I wouldn't want to say shtein either. I have to cool down before I speak when I am pissed.

Choke said he felt a pop that it went numb and felt like his leg (because it obviously wasnt his bat) was on fire.

ice grillin you

you think im a phillies hater?...eskin absolutely despises them....

for the same reasons banner does because they take shine away from the eagles...so while in general i know what you are saying about reporters gettin salty about player not talking...thats not why eskin is talking shtein...hes doing it because its an avenue in which he can kill the franchise

Don Ho

I hoped and prayed it wasn't  going to come to this.  Eliminated in the first round.  NLCS loss would have sucked but to lose in the first round with this staff is just baffling.  The offense played like shtein since August and low and behold, where in the hell was it in October?  One offensive outburst in three innings of game one and that was it. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

the offense has been awful for most of the last two seasons...since may 2010...this is not a new thing and definitely not a "since august" thing

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 08, 2011, 01:02:37 AM
choke contract (now with a torn achilles)

2012 - 20 mil
2013 - 20 mil
2014 - 25 mil
2015 - 25 mil
2016 - 25 mil
2017 - 10 mil buyout

phifer

2012 - 21 mil
2013 - 25 mil
2014 - 25 mil
2015 - 25 mil
2016 - 27.5 mil

whats crazy is that GRIT is already on his last legs and has 47 mil coming to him but because its "only" for three years it doesnt seem as bad when in reality its super painful...the above contracts tho are inter galactic awful

I was hoping you'd wait awhile to post this.  What a travesty.  Hopefully Lee is on a mission but the last thing Choke needs is an injury, any injury. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 08, 2011, 01:14:14 AM
the offense has been awful for most of the last two seasons...since may 2010...this is not a new thing and definitely not a "since august" thing

Subconsciously meant August of 09.

Don Ho

Oh and farg you Jroll.  I could give a shtein about the not talking to the press but when your biggest concern is the crowd not making enough noise you're clueless.  Go have fun in the bay area with your three year contract.

MDS

farg this

i gave up in the 7th trying to follow and just figured id watch the dvr and avoid the score. at the game the PA guy said, "for you baseball fans, in the st louis cardinals series..." before i tuned him out. but that right there gave me the sign.

so i get home, refusing to look at my phone....ff the dvr to the btm of the 7th pretty much knowing what happened. all that came out of my mouth is "its god damn farging joke." over and over again. im screaming it. i cant stop.

this is a farging disgrace. i dont even know. this whole thing is finished. its over. and the choke ACL injury is too good to be true.

im so angry right now i dont even know. its just such a farging joke. not 1 farging run. not 1. against charlie brown farging christ. i farging hate this team.

farg them. farg manuel. farg farg farg farg farg farg farg
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Don Ho on October 08, 2011, 01:37:57 AM
Oh and farg you Jroll.  I could give a shtein about the not talking to the press but when your biggest concern is the crowd not making enough noise you're clueless.  Go have fun in the bay area with your three year contract.

what on gods earth are you talking about?

#1 he was 1000% right on the fans

#2 if he signs only a 3 year deal it will be in philly

Don Ho

I'm pissed, but you can't put this on the towel wavers.  I need to bash everyone. 

Igy, what's the story on Polanco's contract?  My eyes are still bleeding after watching his performance.