2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 07, 2011, 11:30:40 PM
So much for the days of "Everybody hits, woo hoo!"

Forget Raul, drive the whole infield to the glue factory.

team is done...this was the end of an "era"

one cheesy rain delayed anti climatic ws win that no one outside of philly will even remember ten years from now....their legacy should be so much more
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

They'll be around at least another two seasons because they still have Halladay/Lee/and most likely Hamels. Not saying they'll win shtein but they'll make the playoffs.

Don Ho

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 07, 2011, 11:30:40 PM
So much for the days of "Everybody hits, woo hoo!"

shtein, I can't remember the last time anyone typed that.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

Could be the last Philly playoff team for a while, given the states of the other three franchises. Then again if every playoff run is exciting as this one, there's no need for 'em.

I do think the pitching will continue to be there for the Phils but the rest of the East won't stand still forever.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on October 07, 2011, 11:32:11 PM
I like how they tried to implore the working the count strategy in game 5 against a guy who makes you swing because he throws strikes. I mean, I'm glad they did it but why did it take till game 5 for them to figure out what the Cards were doing all along. Obvious igy answer is going to be Larussa but he isn't the one up there swinging.

what larussa does best much better than his in game managing which is unorthodox to say the least is get the exact players he wants for what he wants to do and then he gets those guys to play exactly how he wants them to play and he makes them better than they even thought they could ever be...the guy is farging amazing...theres a reason why hes 3rd all time in wins

ice grillin you

im so farging glad im going out of town for a week to a place with no tv....i am hurting close to as much as flyers in 87....and i cant imagine having to listen to squirrel talk for the next week

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 07, 2011, 11:42:22 PM
im so farging glad im going out of town for a week to a place with no tv....i am hurting close to as much as flyers in 87....and i cant imagine having to listen to squirrel talk for the next week

I am flying back to Philly tomorrow.

Joy.

SD

Don Ho

IGYs correct, yes Larussa's an ass but he's had his teams in contention every year.  Makes the most of what he has and he's had the Cards in the playoffs 7 times since 2000.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Only winner tonight is Todd as he didn't have to watch this spew rag of a lineup.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 07, 2011, 11:43:34 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 07, 2011, 11:42:22 PM

I am flying back to Philly tomorrow.

Joy.

Do you have access to any explosives?  I have an idea, call me.

Don Ho

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you

id like to know how many at bats the phillies had tonight that consisted of more than five pitches

was there even three?

Don Ho