2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

you have permission to go crazy, not to be an irritating douche
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Hawk on October 01, 2011, 05:28:32 PM
If the Phillies lose the series to the Cardinals, does the decision to beat the Braves and let them in the playoffs go down as the biggest mistake of Philadelphia sports history???

no because when you win 102 games you should beat anyone...zesty teams look for matchups...phils are better than that...or should be
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Hawk

Hawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 01, 2011, 05:36:16 PM
Quote from: Hawk on October 01, 2011, 05:28:32 PM
If the Phillies lose the series to the Cardinals, does the decision to beat the Braves and let them in the playoffs go down as the biggest mistake of Philadelphia sports history???

no because when you win 102 games you should beat anyone...zesty teams look for matchups...phils are better than that...or should be

Yes, but its a short series, so stupid shtein can happen in a short series like Halladay giving up his second multi-run homer of the year.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 01, 2011, 05:28:01 PM
Quote from: Hawk on October 01, 2011, 05:21:32 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 01, 2011, 05:16:49 PM
ive never seen roy look shook like he did coming over the mound there....this is not good

cant rely on this offense to win games

He lost his aura!

try to keep up...that was arizona who they arent going to face...but if hes the real deal he will go eight today and not give up another run....im still IN for that

problem is even if he does that they could easily lose with this offense

he cant go 8

theyre gonna have to PH for him in the 6th or 7th...on top of hoping the offense can grit back you have to hope they can get 9-12 outs out of the pen.

ice grillin you

i would make the argument that a short series is even a bigger advantage for the phils since they dont have to worry about a 5th pitcher...and in a lot of circumstances even a fourth

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 01, 2011, 05:40:12 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 01, 2011, 05:28:01 PM
Quote from: Hawk on October 01, 2011, 05:21:32 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 01, 2011, 05:16:49 PM
ive never seen roy look shook like he did coming over the mound there....this is not good

cant rely on this offense to win games

He lost his aura!

try to keep up...that was arizona who they arent going to face...but if hes the real deal he will go eight today and not give up another run....im still IN for that

problem is even if he does that they could easily lose with this offense

he cant go 8

theyre gonna have to PH for him in the 6th or 7th...on top of hoping the offense can grit back you have to hope they can get 9-12 outs out of the pen.

agreed....thats what i was sayin.......with this offense it might not matter

ice grillin you

stop touching the opposing player you south jersey mongoloids

Hawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 01, 2011, 05:43:54 PM
stop touching the opposing player you south jersey mongoloids

I hate the useless cheers for obvious pop-ups. 

Hawk

How fitting that Kaz Matsui's bitch is sitting all the Phils down.

MDS

i dont understand how thats fitting

who gives a funholehair about kaz matsui.

you are awful. shut up.

ice grillin you

wow lohse is getting sqeezed and still motoring thru

i know you idiots hate larussa but hes the difference here...he can get guys to play above their ceiling in the post season...where as charlies guys are what they are and dont elevate in this scenario...thats why the phillies advantage on paper which is huge doesnt mean as much in the playoffs

not a whole lot different than bochy and the giants last year

Hawk

Who forgets about a walkoff grand slam against the Phils?

No field hockey games today???

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 01, 2011, 05:49:23 PM
wow lohse is getting sqeezed and still motoring thru

i know you idiots hate larussa but hes the difference here...he can get guys to play above their ceiling in the post season...where as charlies guys are what they are and dont elevate in this scenario...thats why the phillies advantage on paper which is huge doesnt mean as much in the playoffs

not a whole lot different than bochy and the giants last year

Or....the Cards have been in postseason mode for the last 2 weeks and the Phils were resting guys. 

Managers really don't make a difference until late innings.