2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Cards set their rotation....Lohse/Edwin Jackson/Carpenter/Garcia

So the guy that gave up a playoff grand slam to Kaz Matsui and the guy that gave up a World Series HR to Blanton will be starting against Halladay and Lee.  And the lefty that normally does well against the Phils may not face them at all.  Love it...

SunMo

after wading through IGY's awful predictions and Phreak's irrational hate of Amaro at the beginning of this thread, it appears we had exactly 2 win predictions

me - 101
phreak - 100

i win
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Eagles_Legendz

Yeah I would have gone with Garcia first, not fourth.  I like the setup.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on September 29, 2011, 06:13:17 PM
Yeah I would have gone with Garcia first, not fourth.  I like the setup.

i wouldnt be suprised if garcia still starts saturday
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Remember this?  Someone posted this on psf (I think he got it from another source).  I can remember the quote.

Chipper Jones quote from Sept. 5.

Quote from: Larry JonesThe only team that can really put any pressure on them and beat them somewhat is us. And I hope we get them head-to-head in the postseason. If we get them head-to-head, we like our chances. We've beaten their big three [starting pitchers Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels]. I'm not sure if any other team in baseball has beaten their big three. They're a great ballclub, don't get me wrong. But we're not scared of them. It's going to be a knock down, drag out [fight]."

Sgt PSN

He kind of got his wish since the last 3 were basically playoff games for the Braves. 

BigEd76

From ESPN's final power rankings of the year:

Quote30. Houston Astros (56-106; Previous: 30) – First overall draft pick brings stark decisions for Astros: pitcher or position player? High school or college? And, in seven years, what will be Phillies' greatest area of need?

ha

Sgt PSN

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 29, 2011, 08:36:52 PM
Quote from: Larry JonesThe only team that can really put any pressure on them and beat them somewhat is us. And I hope we get them head-to-head in the postseason. If we get them head-to-head, we like our chances. We've beaten their big three [starting pitchers Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels]. I'm not sure if any other team in baseball has beaten their big three. They're a great ballclub, don't get me wrong. But we're not scared of them. It's going to be a knock down, drag out [fight]."

So you can beat Halladay, Lee and Hamels but shtein try and beat Schwimmer, DeFretus and Herndon bitch!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on September 29, 2011, 06:12:49 PM
after wading through IGY's awful predictions and Phreak's irrational hate of Amaro at the beginning of this thread, it appears we had exactly 2 win predictions

me - 101
phreak - 100

i win

Didn't you bet IGY $20 on the 100+ wins, or was that only last season?

SunMo

yeah, we bet that.  he called it "aka the easiest $20 i ever made"

weird
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteQ: Can you talk about the balance of being in touch with what the other team's capable of, having the proper respect, but at the end of all that, thinking about what do I know I can do and what our team is capable of, so you don't give too much respect or too little? That balance there.

Halladay: I heard a quote a long time ago, I came here to bury Caesar, not praise him.

BigEd76

LaRussa just changed his rotation again.  Carpenter on 3 days rest on Sunday, then Garcia in game 3 and Jackson in game 4