2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on September 29, 2011, 01:37:01 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on September 29, 2011, 01:23:09 PMfor sake of argument lets just say that is the reason...they have known temple was playing at the linc that day for months...the morons in the mlb office should have had every possible scenario set up last weekend

But none of the matchups were known until late last night and the dates for the ALDS and NLDS were determined a few weeks ago, so it's not like they could've said "OK, issues on Saturday and Sunday?  We'll have the two Philly games on Friday and Monday. Problem solved!"  The AL matchups were paired together and the NL matchups were paired together, and the only mixing between the two is on Saturday and Tuesday for the quadrupleheaders.  Plus you have the Yankees who TBS wants to put in primetime every chance they get.  Nobody gives a shtein about Rangers/Rays or Brewers/DBacks, so they'll get all the crappy starts.

lol @ a professional sport having to know the exact matchups before setting scenarios

they should have known days ago well if the phillies play mil then they play at this time if they play stl they play at this time...this isnt farging rocket science...i could have come up with the scenarios at work in an hour tops...they certainly should have had them out minutes after the games ended...all the game times and conflicting sporting events in each city have been set for weeks...tbs has wanted the yankees in prim time since the beginning of the world...ect...the only thing we didnt know were the opponents
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Phils were starting the playoffs at home regardless so I'm not even sure why the opponent makes a difference. 

ice grillin you

"on saturday"

lil guy: "the phils are locked in for a 230/330 start"
reality: 5:07

lil guy: "the yankees have to be at 600"
reality: 8:37

lil guy: "the brewers/rangers will get a 930 start"
actual: 2:07

lil guy: "it just depends on whether the phillies start first (noon/100) or get the middle game (230ish)"
actual: neither

Sgt PSN

Your response to all of your awful pre-season/mid-season predictions is to throw failed start time predictions back on the little guy?

I get it that he's a tv nerd, so maybe it stings him a little bit, but still.....

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 29, 2011, 02:46:57 PM
Phils were starting the playoffs at home regardless so I'm not even sure why the opponent makes a difference.

it potentially could matter to the network in terms of ratings....phils cards will draw much better than say phils diamondbacks and ratings could effect the time slot you get

MDS

lol someone is desperately trying to deflect attention from his braves predictions

i was off on guessing times for games. big deal.

you talked for 5 months about how godly the braves were and they couldnt beat justin de fratus to get in the playoffs.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 29, 2011, 02:50:11 PM
Your response to all of your awful pre-season/mid-season predictions is to throw failed start time predictions back on the little guy?

I get it that he's a tv nerd, so maybe it stings him a little bit, but still.....

hes supposedly an expert...where as i go strictly reverse psychology because i need this team to win it all more than anyone could possibly imagine...mix that in with me being a hater and its a devastating combo

charlie

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 29, 2011, 02:51:43 PM

hes supposedly an expert...where as i go strictly reverse psychology because i need this team to win it all more than anyone could possibly imagine...mix that in with me being a hater and its a devastating combo

lol

Sgt PSN

Yes...however, there are a limited number of match ups that you could get.  I'm with you on this argument.....a week ago when the WC races really tightened up the league/networks should have been ironing out all of the potential scenarios so that a schedule was in place for any outcome and could have released it once the match ups were set. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 29, 2011, 02:51:43 PM

He's not even an expert in his own profession, let alone something that he's only interested in because his genetic compass points directly towards Hollywood. 

This would be like you predicting the time that a hurricane will hit X city and being off by a couple hours. 

BigEd76

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 29, 2011, 02:41:55 PMlol @ a professional sport having to know the exact matchups before setting scenarios

they should have known days ago well if the phillies play mil then they play at this time if they play stl they play at this time...this isnt farging rocket science...i could have come up with the scenarios at work in an hour tops...they certainly should have had them out minutes after the games ended...all the game times and conflicting sporting events in each city have been set for weeks...tbs has wanted the yankees in prim time since the beginning of the world...ect...the only thing we didnt know were the opponents

Going into last night, you had all of the following possibilities:

Phillies vs Brewers / Diamondbacks vs Braves / Yankees vs Tigers / Rangers vs Red Sox
Phillies vs Brewers / Diamondbacks vs Braves / Yankees vs Tigers / Rangers vs Rays
Phillies vs Brewers / Diamondbacks vs Braves / Yankees vs Rangers / Tigers vs Red Sox
Phillies vs Brewers / Diamondbacks vs Braves / Yankees vs Rangers / Tigers vs Rays
Phillies vs Diamondbacks / Brewers vs Braves / Yankees vs Tigers / Rangers vs Red Sox
Phillies vs Diamondbacks / Brewers vs Braves / Yankees vs Tigers / Rangers vs Rays
Phillies vs Diamondbacks / Brewers vs Braves / Yankees vs Rangers / Tigers vs Red Sox
Phillies vs Diamondbacks / Brewers vs Braves / Yankees vs Rangers / Tigers vs Rays
Phillies vs Cardinals / Brewers vs Diamondbacks / Yankees vs Tigers / Rangers vs Red Sox
Phillies vs Cardinals / Brewers vs Diamondbacks / Yankees vs Tigers / Rangers vs Rays
Phillies vs Cardinals / Brewers vs Diamondbacks / Yankees vs Rangers / Tigers vs Red Sox
Phillies vs Cardinals / Brewers vs Diamondbacks / Yankees vs Rangers / Tigers vs Rays

So you're saying they should've had schedules mapped out a week ago for every possible combination, even when the Angels were still alive and would've doubled this?

Sgt PSN

Yes. If they can map out 162 game schedule for 30 teams and put that out a few months before the season starts, then mapping out 12 scenarios in a week shouldn't be all that difficult. 

MDS

in previous years they always tried to start the main game, the yankees game, at something like 600

i just followed that when guessing what time the phils would be

i was wrong

and i honestly do not care
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

charlie

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 29, 2011, 03:01:06 PM
Yes. If they can map out 162 game schedule for 30 teams and put that out a few months before the season starts, then mapping out 12 scenarios in a week shouldn't be all that difficult.

seriously i could do that in an hour....and im not a billion dollar sports league

OMG the phillies had a chance to play a whole three different teams!!