2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 29, 2011, 11:12:20 AM
how farging annoying is it that we are 48 hrs from the start of the nl playoffs and we cant get a start time for the games

The holdup is likely due to conflicts with the Philly complex (Temple on Saturday afternoon, Eagles on Sunday) and the Buccaneers hosting Indy the same time the Rays are supposed to host the Rangers, even though the stadiums aren't near each other...

SD

how farging annoying is it that we are 48 hrs from the start of the nl playoffs and we cant get a start time for the games

Extremely annoying especially so considering my daughters birthday party is Saturday at 2:30.

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on September 29, 2011, 12:59:55 PM

The holdup is likely due to conflicts with the Philly complex (Temple on Saturday afternoon, Eagles on Sunday) and the Buccaneers hosting Indy the same time the Rays are supposed to host the Rangers, even though the stadiums aren't near each other...

the nfl and college football schedules just came out?

Don Ho

Quote from: SD on September 29, 2011, 01:01:21 PM

Extremely annoying especially so considering my daughters birthday party is Saturday at 2:30.

Damn kids! Right there with you, nervously awaiting the tv schedule as Sunday afternoon not looking good.  Son of a bitching youth sports.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

on saturday, the yankees have to be at 600. the brewers/rangers will get a 930 start.

it just depends on whether the phillies start first (noon/100) or get the middle game (230ish). of course there probably has to be a random, fourth tnt game that could start at any point.

on sunday i dont see how they arent the 730/830 primetime game. no one gives a crap about brewers/dbacks.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

I know Temple gets like 2000 fans, but that would be a traffic nightmare if the Phils game started around the same time.  At least there's nothing at Wells Fargo for the next week...

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on September 29, 2011, 01:16:45 PM
I know Temple gets like 2000 fans, but that would be a traffic nightmare if the Phils game started around the same time.  At least there's nothing at Wells Fargo for the next week...

actually it wouldnt be a nightmare as there has been about a 1000 days of events in the sports complex that have produced more people than a temple phillie game and they have not been nightmares...its laughable to even think that would be the reason for the delay

but for sake of argument lets just say that is the reason...they have known temple was playing at the linc that day for months...the morons in the mlb office should have had every possible scenario set up last weekend

MDS

temple is offering a deal if you have phils ticket to get in temple game for like 5 bucks or something. they are playing toledo, its going to be brutally boring and empty.

logic says the phils are locked in for a 230/330 start. the hold up might be the fourth game (again would be tnt and would get a random start time) and who gets the late game, either milwaukee or texas.

whatever they decide i want an afternoon game. farg i need one. i have to work sat night.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 29, 2011, 01:23:09 PMfor sake of argument lets just say that is the reason...they have known temple was playing at the linc that day for months...the morons in the mlb office should have had every possible scenario set up last weekend

But none of the matchups were known until late last night and the dates for the ALDS and NLDS were determined a few weeks ago, so it's not like they could've said "OK, issues on Saturday and Sunday?  We'll have the two Philly games on Friday and Monday. Problem solved!"  The AL matchups were paired together and the NL matchups were paired together, and the only mixing between the two is on Saturday and Tuesday for the quadrupleheaders.  Plus you have the Yankees who TBS wants to put in primetime every chance they get.  Nobody gives a shtein about Rangers/Rays or Brewers/DBacks, so they'll get all the crappy starts.

charlie

Quote from: BigEd76 on September 29, 2011, 01:37:01 PM
But none of the matchups were known until late last night

I was still at work by 8:00am this morning.

BigEd76

MDS

i get the first 2 hours saturday, then i have to leave

looks like im plunking down 6 bucks for the mlb.tv postseason thing on my phone.