2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Let's recap again, shall we?

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 30, 2011, 07:35:57 PM
my big predictions of the year

roy oswalts record will not be over .500
they wont win the division
the nationals will finish within 10 games of them

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 31, 2011, 09:20:40 PM
100 wins aka the easiest 20 bucks ive ever made

MDS

they need to lose on purpose tomorrow

force st louis into a 1 game playoff

tank charles, tank
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

97.5 said they'd basically just go all bullpen tomorrow, though Hamels might get a little work.

Does this mean they're going with Roy O as the #3 guy? I hope not
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

I think they'll give Hamels an inning or two to keep his arm loose.  I think he'll be the #3.

Good to see Oswalt dealin'.  Even better to see El basticho look more like his midseason self.

Blanton gets the "start" tomorrow.  Host of others to follow.  Maybe hoping for the playoff with St. Louis?

BigEd76

Hamels is the #3.  If things go the way we want, Oswalt won't be starting until game 4 of the NLCS over two weeks from now...

BigEd76

nm.....f'ing Dodgers

Don Ho

Ed, any idea if the bums are the early or late game on Saturday?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on September 28, 2011, 01:04:03 AM
Arizona just got blown apart in the 10th inning, so #2 and #3 have been clinched and the Phils cannot face the Brewers.  It'll be St. Louis or Arizona...

lol
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Lol Jimmy Rollins wants a 5 year deal and "isn't afraid to leave". Nice knowing you, Jimmy
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SunMo

5 years is a lot, but "nice knowing you" is a very casual way to blow off one of the great core players this team has
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Munson

I meant it more as a "no way rube gives him 5 years" type of way sunny

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteJimmy Rollins finds the prospect of free agency "exciting," and the shortstop told SI's Jon Heyman, "Five [years] would be great.  Five would be the number."  Rollins, however, guesses the number of years will be the sticking point in upcoming negotiations.

Rollins, 33 in November, is hitting .271/.340/.403 with 16 home runs in 624 plate appearances this year.  His defense continues to be a positive.  A pair of executives gave Heyman contract estimates ranging from three years and at least $12MM per year to four years and $14MM annually.  I think five years is unrealistic even on the open market, but at least one team would commit to four.  Rollins' only real competition will be Jose Reyes, who figures to get at least five years and $18MM per season.

As I showed yesterday, it appears that the Phillies can afford Rollins without raising their payroll.

I bet he ends up taking a 4yr deal.

phillycrew

No more bad mojo talking about offseason deals.  PLAYOFFS BABY!

Munson

I think they could definately afford him, but it would without a doubt mean bye bye Madson. Also depends on what oswalt does. If he's gonna retire and they'll have like 55 mil to work with. Hamels is gonna get 15-20 of that.