2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Rome

You're right.  Ben Francisco, John Bowker & Ross Gee-load are definitely better options than a former All Star Gold Glover who's excellent at the minimum as a defensive replacement.

MDS

defensive replacement for who?

do you honestly think there is a single difference between ibanez and rowand in the field? mayberry is better of course.

he crashed into a wall like 6 years ago. get over it. hes old and he sucks and getting him is nothing more than a pr nostalgia move which i am all for.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Does it even qualify as nostalgia?  He was a Phillie for a couple years and played well and the Phils didn't make the postseason.  Bringing back Burrell would be nostalgic.  Bringing back Rowand would be meaningless. 

Rome

I'm going to definitely argue with someone who can't acknowledge Rowand is a better defensive player than Raul Ibanez.

Rowand is a better option than the three clowns I named.  It's not even a question.

Geowhizzer

MDS

Quote from: Rome on August 31, 2011, 07:01:34 PM
I'm going to definitely argue with someone who can't acknowledge Rowand is a better defensive player than Raul Ibanez.

Rowand is a better option than the three clowns I named.  It's not even a question.

it is a question

he got dfa'ed from the giants and their historically bad lineup

what does that tell you, gramps

Rome

It tells me you can't tell the difference between arguing defense and offense, jackass.

ice grillin you

this week has reminded me how awesome of an announcer jeff brantly is....him and brennamen are just fantastic
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Agreed.  It's such a nice, relaxed broadcast with those two.  No wah-wah-wah from them at all. 

LBIggle

i'd rather have rowand then the other guy included in the lee trade. 

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.