2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Geowhizzer on August 16, 2011, 09:42:14 PM
When Chooch is on first:  "They don't want to run for Chooch because they want him in if it's a tie."

When Chooch is replaced on second:  "They didn't want to burn Chooch  just at first base."

Did Wheels say that?

Two McCarthyisms earlier...

After Chooch got drilled in the balls Scott Sheridan was out there and everyone looks all serious. McCarthy says "ya know someone will tell a joke soon and everyone will laugh"

"And there it is. You knew it would happen"

The only problem was no one told a joke and no one laughed. WTF, TMac?

And then when Kalas' kid was about to sing GBA Dan Baker was introducing him and Mr Loves His Own Voice would not shut the farg up!

LBIggle

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 16, 2011, 09:45:56 PM
easily the worst loss of the season thanks to hallacollapse

it's been like 4 years or something since he's given up a lead in the 9th.. i'd say he was due.  at least it was now and hopefully not in the postseason.

PoopyfaceMcGee

and it's not even close

Braves be creepin', Giants be.... LOL @ the Giants.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 16, 2011, 09:48:07 PM
When Chooch is on first:  "They don't want to run for Chooch because they want him in if it's a tie."

When Chooch is replaced on second:  "They didn't want to burn Chooch  just at first base."

Did Wheels say that?

After Chooch got drilled in the balls Scott Sheridan was out there and everyone looks all serious. McCarthy says "ya know someone will tell a joke soon and everyone will laugh"

And then when Kalas' kid was about to sing GBA Dan Baker was introducing him and Mr Loves His Own Voice would not shut the farg up!

i loved when they did that coors light spotlight or whatever its called and tonights ws on harry....they showed the press box named after him his HOF plaque then the statue....mcarthy went on and on with the kudos then finished to let wheels take over and all you herd was crickets...he never aid a word....then mcarthy went right back into announcing the game....wheels so salty

Quote from: LBIggle on August 16, 2011, 09:50:02 PM

it's been like 4 years or something since he's given up a lead in the 9th

yeah thats pretty much the point tho.....he had this aura about him...that he is some sort of unstoppable machine.....that is gone forever now

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sgt PSN

!!DOOM AND GLOOM ALERT!!

D-backs have won 3 of 4 vs the Fightins this year and very well could be the team the Phils face in the NLDS.  In fact, they would be in a "if the playoffs started today" scenario.  Maybe it's a fluke, maybe it's not but they certainly aren't scared of the Phils. 

Hawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 16, 2011, 09:54:42 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 16, 2011, 09:48:07 PM

Did Wheels say that?

i loved when they did that coors light spotlight or whatever its called and tonights ws on harry....they showed the press box named after him his HOF plaque then the statue....mcarthy went on and on with the kudos then finished to let wheels take over and all you herd was crickets...he never aid a word....then mcarthy went right back into announcing the game....wheels so salty

Quote from: LBIggle on August 16, 2011, 09:50:02 PM

it's been like 4 years or something since he's given up a lead in the 9th

yeah thats pretty much the point tho.....he had this aura about him...that he is some sort of unstoppable machine.....that is gone forever now

Yup.. let's forget the no hitter in the playoffs last year... he lost a game in the 9th... Season over.

ice grillin you

sorry ill never say anything remotely negative about your team again...i sincerely apologize for hurting your feelings

btw when did you homers decide that if someone goes against your team even in the smallest little way your knee jerk feelings caught pavlov dog automatic repsonse is to say "seasons over"....is that a south jersey phillie thing...internet slang?...or another pop culture phrase like "boom" that ive once again completely missed out on...pleae explain because i get flying off the handle like you guys do but i dont get the seasons over thing

Hawk

It's a response to you posting that Halladay's aura of dominance is forever gone because he blew a lead in the 9th ... in August.  When it does it in October, I'll care.

BigEd76

the Braves are creeping up.  7.5 back, 9 in the loss column.  zzzz

ice grillin you

Quote from: Hawk on August 16, 2011, 10:27:14 PM
It's a response to you posting that Halladay's aura of dominance is forever gone because he blew a lead in the 9th ... in August.  When it does it in October, I'll care.

so the seasons over because his aura is gone....hardly....it makes it tougher....he will still be a really good pitcher but he wont intimidate or have other people in awe anymore....its kind of like finding out the terminator has a heart and can be killed....still will be tough to do but its lifts all his opponents spirits and confidences....especially arizona which is worse because they could be the first round opponent

MDS

Lol wow what an over reaction. Even for you.

I didn't get to see this game, but its not the first time halladay has blown a game. Infact its not even the first this year.

You guys need to develop other hobbies. Until October that is.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

the guy had 12 Ks and was dominating after the 2nd inning, then he seemed to unravel after not getting the strike 3 call on Upton (and he said in his postgame interview he was pissed about that).  After that, single, single, zesty attempt at sac bunting, crushed XBH into the right-center gap....game over