2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

You really should be more honest with yourself and with us. You avoid this thread when things are going well, because all the "insufferable homers" can easily win nearly any argument you try to make with them. However, when a few games go wrong, we fully expect you to come back and help us all to "keep it real".

Two losses in a row to the Giants? Yeah, that's right... You told us how much better the Giants were and how the Phils won't be able to keep up with them in the playoffs. Braves get back within 5 games? Yeah, that's right... They be creepin'. Hunter Pence 0fer PLUS a late inning bullpen collapse, coinciding with Domonic raking at AAA and a good outing by Mike Adams for the Rangers? You told us so, playa.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyGirl

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 04, 2011, 12:59:20 PM
You really should be more honest with yourself and with us. You avoid this thread when things are going well, because all the "insufferable homers" can easily win nearly any argument you try to make with them. However, when a few games go wrong, we fully expect you to come back and help us all to "keep it real".

Two losses in a row to the Giants? Yeah, that's right... You told us how much better the Giants were and how the Phils won't be able to keep up with them in the playoffs. Braves get back within 5 games? Yeah, that's right... They be creepin'. Hunter Pence 0fer PLUS a late inning bullpen collapse, coinciding with Domonic raking at AAA and a good outing by Mike Adams for the Rangers? You told us so, playa.

wow, lol...that was great
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

You really should be more honest with yourself and with us. You avoid this thread when things are going well, because all the

if you were honest you would go back into the thread and check out when i post...youd find i post during almost every game win or lose...start with the sweep of pittsburgh this weekend when i posted 400 times during each game

this wont happen tho so instead keeping making stuff...its complete desperation but at the same time pretty damn cute

since you wont be going back to check on this ill fill you in on my general participation in this wonderful thread...generally i post during every game win or lose...exception sometimes happen during later weeknight games when i am in bed watching where i dont have a computer or weekday games when im at work and not watching the game...when a game isnt taking place ill try to stay away...especially when they win because i cant take the homerism and the lack of baseball knowledge...you are super special here in that you are a homer who doesnt know shtein about the sport

anyway back to your regularly scheduled thread....
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

So the only person who hasn't noticed that IGY 80% of the time posts when they're losing and becomes silent when they win....is IGY?

Pointing out the exceptions to the rule don't disprove the rule. Just sayin.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

I love IGY like MDS loves a shiny new penny but he's got the worst sports fan inferiority complex ever.  I'm as bitter and cynical as anyone but at least I can enjoy wins without always wondering when the next loss will come along.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on August 04, 2011, 01:48:10 PM
I love IGY like MDS loves a shiny new penny but he's got the worst sports fan inferiority complex ever.  I'm as bitter and cynical as anyone but at least I can enjoy wins without always wondering when the next loss will come along.

now this is all true
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 04, 2011, 12:43:40 PM
i try to avoid this thread at all costs

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 04, 2011, 01:29:18 PM
youd find i post during almost every game win or lose...start with the sweep of pittsburgh this weekend when i posted 400 times during each game
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

phillymic2000

You really should be more honest with yourself and with us. You avoid this thread when things are going well, because all the

if you were honest you would go back into the thread and check out when i post...youd find i post during almost every game win or lose...start with the sweep of pittsburgh this weekend when i posted 400 times during each game

this wont happen tho so instead keeping making stuff...its complete desperation but at the same time pretty damn cute

since you wont be going back to check on this ill fill you in on my general participation in this wonderful thread...generally i post during every game win or lose...exception sometimes happen during later weeknight games when i am in bed watching where i dont have a computer or weekday games when im at work and not watching the game...when a game isnt taking place ill try to stay away...especially when they win because i cant take the homerism and the lack of baseball knowledge...you are super special here in that you are a homer who doesnt know shtein about the sport

anyway back to your regularly scheduled thread....

Wait are you still predicting the Nationals to only be 10 games out of the Braves, um I mean Phillies?

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

its complete desperation but at the same time pretty damn cute

I stopped reading here, because IGY called me cute.

Geowhizzer

LBIggle

SD