2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 30, 2011, 08:16:01 PM
Can someone please convince Clifford that it's June again?

i hope he isnt slowly losing it before our eyes

sunny asks me why you have to win this year....and i say because these guys are all elders and you dont know when the drop off is going to occur...WIN NOW
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on July 30, 2011, 08:17:04 PM
I think a lot of fans like the crew.  You've got folksy Sarge, a link to Harry & Whitey in Rughead, and T-Mac is the squeally cheerleader type that most homers love.

I think all of them are nauseating and would much rather have L.A. & Franzke as the tee-vee guys, but for some reason the Phillies brass sees it differently.

sarge is so bad hes good...he has a awwww i feel so bad for you that i cant hate you aspect to him..he also will criticize the team...something wheels and mcarthy wont do

the harry whitey link is non existent...new fans dont know who harry is and older fans know that harry despised wheels with all his being

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 30, 2011, 08:17:41 PM

sunny asks me why you have to win this year....and i say because these guys are all elders and you dont know when the drop off is going to occur...WIN NOW

I don't think Lee is having problems because of age. Just a weird year - actually striking out too many and walking too many. Not hitting his spots as perfectly as usual.

Still, he is probably the best #3 starter in the bigs. And the best-paid.

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 30, 2011, 08:20:46 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 30, 2011, 08:17:41 PM

I don't think Lee is having problems because of age. Just a weird year - actually striking out too many and walking too many. Not hitting his spots as perfectly as usual.

you might be right...its might be an off year....im not saying its happening because hes aging...but im also not sure its not happening because hes aging...which is the point...you dont know....so dont take chances and win a world series this year....then next year they can all get old together

Don Ho

Lee liked the birds new FB running down the third base line.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 30, 2011, 08:20:35 PM
I think a lot of fans like the crew.  You've got folksy Sarge, a link to Harry & Whitey in Rughead, and T-Mac is the squeally cheerleader type that most homers love.

I think all of them are nauseating and would much rather have L.A. & Franzke as the tee-vee guys, but for some reason the Phillies brass sees it differently.

sarge is so bad hes good...he has a awwww i feel so bad for you that i cant hate you aspect to him..he also will criticize the team...something wheels and mcarthy wont do

the harry whitey link is non existent...new fans dont know who harry is and older fans know that harry despised wheels with all his being

There are plenty of old fans that don't hate Wheels at all. He's not loved like Harry and Whitey, but they don't have a problem with him.

But on this one, they are wrong and the CF consensus is right. Wheels sucks balls.

I think everyone hates McCarthy though.

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on July 30, 2011, 08:28:07 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 30, 2011, 08:20:35 PM

There are plenty of old fans that don't hate Wheels at all. He's not loved like Harry and Whitey, but they don't have a problem with him.

But on this one, they are wrong and the CF consensus is right. Wheels sucks balls.

I think everyone hates McCarthy though.

who said all elders hate wheels....romey teaching you how to read?

no one is saying there arent elders who like him...in fact elders make up his entire fanbase....im saying they dont like him because of some perceived connection to harry....harry and wheels despised each other

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

The Phils need to address that #5 slot in the order.  Horrendous.

ice grillin you

Don Ho

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 30, 2011, 08:29:14 PM
Choke looks like a hitter tonight.

Seriously, it can't just be a coincidence, right? Even if Pence isn't exactly mashing tonight...

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 30, 2011, 08:32:28 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 30, 2011, 08:29:14 PM
Choke looks like a hitter tonight.

Seriously, it can't just be a coincidence, right? Even if Pence isn't exactly mashing tonight...

cant be coincidence....its way to big of a sample NOT to draw a conclusion