2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Joel Sherman says a Mets exec tried to sell him on the idea that trading Beltran to the Phils helps the Mets' playoff chances by hurting the Braves.....ha

He also says Beltran wants to come to Philly but Boras is trying to steer him towards SF

PoopyfaceMcGee

MDS

beltran to the giants

astros rejected pence for cosart, singleton, other pitcher

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

deal to SF is just about done.  that sucks, would've liked him here.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

beltran gotta be like what the hell do i have to do to get to a hitters park...especially in a contract year...theres like four parks left that are pitchers parks and hes played in half of them this year

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

well he should think twice before being puerto rican

then maybe good things would happen to him
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Getting himself an agent who isn't a bloodsucker would be nice too.

lurking wierdo

Quote from: Rome on July 26, 2011, 09:13:51 PM
I guarantee I'm the only one here who actually saw that show the first night it aired.  Another benefit of growing up in the 70's.

You are 1 of 2

lurking wierdo

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 27, 2011, 01:30:02 PM
beltran gotta be like what the hell do i have to do to get to a hitters park...especially in a contract year...theres like four parks left that are pitchers parks and hes played in half of them this year

He's got a no-trade. If he doesn't want to go, he doesn't have to.

ice grillin you

Quote from: lurking wierdo on July 27, 2011, 02:04:35 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 27, 2011, 01:30:02 PM

He's got a no-trade. If he doesn't want to go, he doesn't have to.

lol....yeah hes not gonna go to a contender because of the park
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

Just saw a replay of Utleys IPHR. Very cool. Meanwhile, Ervin Santana one out away from a no hitter v Cle.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Is it a 7:05 start tonight?  farging ESPN showing SportsNation.  If this game is blacked out on ESPN as well I'm going to shtein.  farg MLB, farg Time Warner, farg the Giants and farg the birds FO.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Don Ho on July 27, 2011, 07:05:50 PM
Is it a 7:05 start tonight?  farging ESPN showing SportsNation.  If this game is blacked out on ESPN as well I'm going to shtein.  farg MLB, farg Time Warner, farg the Giants and farg the birds FO.

Um... yeah, it's 7:05, and it should be on ESPN.

Geowhizzer