2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 22, 2011, 08:27:37 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 22, 2011, 08:22:27 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 22, 2011, 08:16:51 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 22, 2011, 08:15:49 PM
speaking of uniforms does anyone in the majors look better in a mlb uni than mAAAberry

god he loves that left field line

Super excited because I'm so happy to see them. Kind of like you get when the Birds pull out the kelly greens.

no doubt but the eagles have never worn the buddy jerseys where as the phillies wore tonights jersey two months ago and do it at least once a year

Then it's a prime example of which Philadelphia team gets it, and which doesn't.

baseball is behind the throwbacks in their sport but your point still rings loudly true as i have no doubt the phillies would do it on their own regardless

phillies are pretty much flawless from a public relation/fan perspective
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

colvin pulled tonight in clearwater after 3 innings

dun dun DUN
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

sebastian valle got pulled earlier as well....tell romey to run over there and see whats up

MDS

nothing on twitter except for this:

Quotephillyfan66 Andy
Breaking news: Brody Colvin dealt to Astros

well that settles it. done deal.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 22, 2011, 08:10:27 PM
Salisbury says Wade wants HOF, Singleton AND a decent pitching prospect for Pence.  yea OK

Read earlier the Stros scouts were there scouting Biddle.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 22, 2011, 08:36:23 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 22, 2011, 08:20:33 PM
you know who has quietly turned into a really good player....michael bourne....people love to make fun of wade and how hes still on the phils payroll but the two trades hes made have not been bad ones at all from his perspective

He gets on base (abt .340-.350 OBP the last three years, but strikes out way too much for a guy with zero power and doesn't steal much for a guy with speed.  Great fielder.

steals arent a part of the game anymore no matter how fast you are...especially in that park with their lineup...and he still gets over 50 a year which is like 100 twenty five years ago

whats amazing is that his ops is only like 40 pts lower than chokes...more of a damnation on choke but still pretty impressive

PoopyfaceMcGee

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 22, 2011, 08:55:18 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 22, 2011, 08:36:23 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 22, 2011, 08:20:33 PM
you know who has quietly turned into a really good player....michael bourne....people love to make fun of wade and how hes still on the phils payroll but the two trades hes made have not been bad ones at all from his perspective

He gets on base (abt .340-.350 OBP the last three years, but strikes out way too much for a guy with zero power and doesn't steal much for a guy with speed.  Great fielder.

steals arent a part of the game anymore no matter how fast you are...especially in that park with their lineup...and he still gets over 50 a year which is like 100 twenty five years ago

whats amazing is that his ops is only like 40 pts lower than chokes...more of a damnation on choke but still pretty impressive

Bah - When I was double checking his stats, I misread the SB line.   I was shocked his totals seemed so low - 50s is more like what I pictured him. 

He did turn into a nice little player.  I'll still take the year of the Lidge perfecto and the WFC, though.

ice grillin you

of course the phils still won the deal....its just not nearly as bad as everyone likes to make it out to be...nor was the oswalt trade

MDS

serious question

has anything happened in this game since the 3rd inning

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on July 22, 2011, 09:06:52 PM
serious question

has anything happened in this game since the 3rd inning

ive had three phat barcardi cokes

ice grillin you

i love jimmy more than i love myself but did wheels really need to blow all over jimmys face and show three different replays of that catch

how steady is mAAAberry in right compared to dom brown who looks to be playing the position with parkinsons

ice grillin you

is nicole really gonna CG in this weather?...that would be farging sick and my fantasy team would thank him

MDS

ive been following twitter on the colvin situation and its resulted in dick.

and pete orr was pulled too? who the farg wants pete orr.

ice grillin you