2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

How long before Worley starts getting some ink for rookie of the year?

He's been ridiculous.

SD

The Mets call and say give them Worley and they'll give you Beltran and pick up the rest of his salary for the year. Do you do it?

Rome

PhillyGirl

Quote from: SD on July 20, 2011, 05:54:13 PM
The Mets call and say give them Worley and they'll give you Beltran and pick up the rest of his salary for the year. Do you do it?

Beltran straight up for Worley + Beltran's salary? Yes, but it would NEVER happen.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Exactly.  I'd do it in a second, though, mostly because even if Worley is the next Sandy Koufax, there's not gonna be any room for him in the rotation this year after fatty & Roy return.

Eagles_Legendz

I think Blanton is probably done for the year anyway, but there's no way I'm demoting Worley from the rotation for heavy b unless Worley starts tanking.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on July 20, 2011, 06:13:46 PM
I think Blanton is probably done for the year anyway, but there's no way I'm demoting Worley from the rotation for heavy b unless Worley starts tanking.

This.  I'd Gilooly Fat Joe myself.

BigEd76

Quote from: Rome on July 20, 2011, 05:47:38 PM
How long before Worley starts getting some ink for rookie of the year?

He's been ridiculous.

He'll get some mention but Kimbrel and Freeman will probably be 1-2

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 20, 2011, 04:24:35 PM
Sunday in Philadelphia:

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USPA1276?dayNum=4

how many times have i told everyone in the weather thread to never ever use weather.com for anything much less local forecasts....its like tuning into to espn to get accurate information on your local sports team

your best bet for simple things like temperature is to go the local news route
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

PoopyfaceMcGee

Yes, because that's not a knee-jerk reaction after a good game or anything.

That said, I'd rather keep Rollins until he's dead over any of the other regular starting infielders.

ice grillin you

j and pretty much every other sane person on the planet has been saying resign jimmy since like last year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 20, 2011, 06:53:10 PM
Yes, because that's not a knee-jerk reaction after a good game or anything.

That said, I'd rather keep Rollins until he's dead over any of the other regular starting infielders.

Its not. Letting him go would be dumb as farg and today just reiterated the sheer stupidity such a decision would be.

Anyways....do not want.

QuoteThe Phillies and Royals have discussed a deal that would send Melky Cabrera to Philadelphia, according to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports. The sides have exchanged names, but they aren't close to completing a trade.

Morosi notes that it's unlikely that the Royals will trade both Cabrera and Jeff Francoeur, since that would create openings in next year's outfield. The Royals and Francoeur have a mutual option for 2012 and Cabrera is arbitration eligible after the season.

Phil Anastasia of the Philadelphia Inquirer reported Philadelphia's interest in Cabrera earlier this week. Some Phillies people think the Royals are asking for a "small fortune" for Cabrera, Francoeur and Joakim Soria, according to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe (on Twitter).

Cabrera earns just $1.25MM this season, so he's considerably cheaper than another one of Philadelphia's targets, Carlos Beltran. Beltran, a switch-hitter like Cabrera, earns $18.5MM this year and though the Mets appear willing to cover a substantial portion of that, they're asking for top young players in return. The Phillies appear to be one of the favorites to acquire Beltran.

Munson

If the price is right I'd take Melky in a second. Dude's on a tear this year and is still young enough to think that maybe he's just blooming a little late.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

so if hunter pence is back on the market why arent the phillies linked to him?

rube better have something up his sleeve, right houston J?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.