2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

They're both scrubs but mayberry offers more at this point.

PhillyPhreak54

Thanks for the unlubed insertion on Saturdays, Selig.

Because everyone wants to see Boston and Tampa Bay because Carl Crawford and Andrew Friedmann are from Houston!

farg Boston, FOX and Selig.

MDS

i cant imagine next week will be any different, either. either the red sox or yankees have a game and they will be national.

why they cant charge $5 extra for the package to allow fox games is beyond me. half goes to the package, half goes to fox and the local fox station that youre not watching gets all the free advertising it desires, which is all it wants anyway. win, win, win, win. but no. mlb is still stuck in 1985 with its media policies.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 15, 2011, 11:41:26 PM
Thanks for the unlubed insertion on Saturdays, Selig.

Because everyone wants to see Boston and Tampa Bay because Carl Crawford and Andrew Friedmann are from Houston!

farg Boston, FOX and Selig.

WTF?  Hawaii getting the bums on Fox?  On Kauai for some surf and R&R but fargo it, I'm all over this shtein in the morning.  In laws can watch me stress out in real time.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SunMo

you would think i hate being right all the time, but no, i still love it.

mayberry is better than francisco and shouldn't have been sent down.  derrr
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on July 15, 2011, 10:37:28 PM
what can i say, when i said it didnt matter which one they got rid of--him or francisco--since both of them suck, i guess i might have been wrong.

francisco sucks just a little bit more.

p.s. here is your map for tomorrow. http://www.the506.com/temp11.html

looks like most of us are getting the shaft.

that map cant be right can it?

it says baltimore is getting the phils which would mean im getting it but how would an al east city not get the red sox

in fact it has the al east city (bodyland) getting an nl east game and the nl east city (chocolate city) getting the al east game
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

BigEd76

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on July 16, 2011, 10:44:23 AM
No Phils for me today.

Sad feewings.

Me neither.  If I only lived in the actual swamp - they get the Phils.

MDS

we wont be missing much, nicole is pitching. he never wins games, he just throws the baseball in them.

p.s. who wants heath bell http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/15/report-phillies-are-front-runners-for-padres-relievers-heath-bell-or-mike-adams/

two things with that
1. bell would be an instant phillie legend, dudes gonna eat everything up that comes playing in philly
2. get your trade offers into me now for mike adams aka the new padres closer
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I saw that the Phils were interested in Mike Adams too.

ODB/Madson setting up & Bell in the 9th? Sold.

MDS

its 1 of the 3 (bell, adams, qualls). lookin like theyre getting 1.

lets say they get bell. now that means stutes is a 7th inning guy, maybe even someone they can bring in in the 6th. also since lidge is on his way back (and who knows what hell give them), the bullpen might look like this:

bell
odb
madson
stutes
lidge
kendrick (as a long man once oswalt returns)
perez/baez

depending on when oswalt can get back they might keep baez, send down perez and then bring him back sept 1. it might only be a few weeks in which case they would do that. or oswalt gets back in early august and they finally might sack ol joan back to cuba.

Geowhizzer

What chance is there that Ryan Ludwick would be part of that deal?  I've seen rumors of him being the RH bat they're looking for.

Don Ho

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 16, 2011, 11:36:12 AM
Quote from: Don Ho on July 16, 2011, 05:16:51 AMHawaii getting the bums on Fox?

Until they trade Shane, yeah

How true.  As long as they trade him for Kurt Suzuki or Brandon League, than I'll be guaranteed many more FOX Saturdays.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Sadly, since Ft. Myers is the spring training home of the Sawx, I'm pretty much stuck with them whenever they play on Saturday afternoon.