2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

BigEd BigSI photo editor

regional covers farging suck...SI sold out on that

I will have to have my family buy a couple copies for me

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 12, 2011, 11:26:35 AM
damn J that's a pathetic lineup and pitching staff.  No wonder Rolen didn't want to stay.  Also noticed Rube had a PH single off Johnson.  Smug

Yeah it was awful...I went out and got black out drunk after that debacle.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I saw Schilling pitch a 4-hit shutout in 1997 against the Expos with no more than 10,000 people at the Vet.  It was about 1,000 degrees out, the place smelled like raw sewage, and I didn't even pay to get in.  I walked in under the VIP entrance where the Eagles ticket office used to be and no one even bothered to ask me for a ticket.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on July 12, 2011, 09:41:25 PM
http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/PHI/PHI199606020.shtml

how about this gem i went to when i was 9. mike benjamin started at shortstop. THE mike benjamin.

Dude you saw Hard Hittin Mark Whitten drive in 5 and Toby farging Borland!

MDS

not that i knew it but there were 3 hall of famers (ricky, gwynn, hoffman), gwynn struck out twice (rare for him to do so once) and the phillies started none other than mike grace! got to love the 1996 season.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Rome on July 12, 2011, 09:45:43 PM
I saw Schilling pitch a 4-hit shutout in 1997 against the Expos with no more than 10,000 people at the Vet.  It was about 1,000 degrees out, the place smelled like raw sewage, and I didn't even pay to get in.  I walked in under the VIP entrance where the Eagles ticket office used to be and no one even bothered to ask me for a ticket.

lol, been to so many games like that. Back when it was yellow and orange seats and holy shtein you would get 2nd degree burns on the backs of your legs from sitting on them in July-August.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

QuoteSI_PeterKing
World Series home-field advantage being decided tonight in Phoenix by Jordan Walden, Chris Perez, Brandon League. Phils popping champagne.

and that Heath Bell run from the bullpen followed by a slide into the mound was great.  Might be the #3 moment of the game after Doc dominating and drunk Justin Timberlake making fun of Joe Buck

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah the movie cross promotion turned into a great spot because it made Buck uncomfortable.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 12, 2011, 09:31:40 PM

regional covers farging suck...SI sold out on that

I will have to have my family buy a couple copies for me

Lol

MDS

world series game 1 in atlanta this year

oooohhh ohhhhh ohhh  ohhh
ooohhhh ohhhhh ohhh ohhh

hof hanson cg so lets go bravos

seriously their rotation is as good as the phillies, their bullpen is like the bestest of all time and their lineup isnt great but its certainly better than the phillies. oh my god they are so young and so good. its over. its over. kimbrel is so sick.

BigEd76

b-man

PhillyPhreak54

PoopyfaceMcGee

Awesome read. Too bad the Phils have zero chance to make his promise a reality. The Braves are too damn good.