2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

some lost on logic in here

the braves starters give up less runs but pitch less innings. so from that their ERA is going to be lower (earned runs over 9 innings) and if SDs math is right the phillies starters spread out their runs better because they last longer.

so the question is not only will they braves guys hold up, its will their 3-4 big bullpen guys hold up, too. o'flaherty is already banged up, kimbrel is just a young pup, venters has been used a lot....we'll see where those guys are come september.

but legitimately these are the 2 best teams in the NL and 2 of the 5 best teams in baseball. i wouldnt go too crazy about how big this weekend is because its frickin july and they play 6 times in september and they both are in the playoffs and homefield doesnt matter, but it should be fun.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on July 07, 2011, 08:46:36 AM
you love touching yourself about the braves.  get over it, they ain't winning the division.

phillies pitching = better.

braves staff is better top to bottom...the difference is the phillies top three have the experience advantage...HOF and beachy are still kids and you just dont know if they will hold up down the stretch

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 07, 2011, 09:06:03 AM
IGY's insistence on trying to push the "Phifer" nickname for Lee is coming off a bit sad to me. I almost want to start doing it just to give the big guy a little bit of support.

its not a nickname its his middle name and its awesome

but if you are into it i might start up a phife dawg campaign
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

SunMo

tell me how good the braves bullpen is when venters has 80 appearances by the middle of august and has nothing left on his fastball.

i mean, the braves have had a nice little hot streak, but the phillies are just better.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

another thing is the braves will have 9 more division games than the phils in the 2nd half of the year

currently braves are 16-14 in the division and the nl east teams, aside from florida, arent half bad. phillies meanwhile still get their home series vs. san diego, pittsburgh and get to go to chicago and houston. thatll help.

oh shtein just looked it up. venters has been in 48 games this year. lol freddie gonzalez.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on July 07, 2011, 09:17:58 AM
currently braves are 16-14 in the division and the nl east teams, aside from florida, arent half bad. phillies meanwhile still get their home series vs. san diego, pittsburgh and get to go to chicago and houston. thatll help.

pittsburgh is good this year but even if you didnt know that the braves have a four game home set vs them in the second half...they also get to go to chicago for four...oh and have three more against them at home...and have nine more vs the marlins

schedule is not relevant

MDS

yea but chipper jones' knees and having something named freddie freeman in the middle of your lineup are

ice grillin you

MDS

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 07, 2011, 10:24:51 AM
freddie freeman > phillies five hole

Victorino is beating him in 4 out of 5 categories, and is only 4 behind him (a supposed power hitter) in HR's...
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on July 07, 2011, 11:04:59 AM
you wont be saying that when rube gets matt kemp

yeah because ill be too busy making parade plans

MDS

youre really making braves parade plans? youre taking this that far?

ice grillin you

you could be one of the dumber humans to ever inhabit this planet

MDS

your inability to read sarcasm sends tomahawk chops to my heart

Munson

Just to recap...

Madson/Stutes/basticho=Young, inexperienced, could completely cost the Phils the division and even the playoffs because they can't pitch in big pressure situations yet
Kimbrel/Venters=Move along, nothing to worry about here
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds