2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

MDS

I'm here old man. Suffering through these two doofuses the marlins call announcers.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Speaking of that, I just sent the Marlins this e-mail:

QuoteI've never written an e-mail like this in my life.  They never make any difference and are probably discarded without even being opened anyway, but someone has to tell you how bad your announcers are.  It's one thing to be slightly partial to your team.  I understand that.  But the clowns you have announcing the games are the most unabashedly homertastic buffoons I've ever heard in my 46 years.  And speaking of yapping, is there any chance they could simply shut up once in a while and actually let the play of the field do the talking?   The pithy anecdotes, the cute little nicknames, and worst of all referring to the players by their first names... they're all marks of a hapless amateur hour broadcast.  And Fox Trax... how about using it occasionally when there's a close pitch that doesn't benefit the Marlins?  Too much to ask for, I guess.  Like I said earlier in this message, I don't expect much.  It's been the same crew for years and evidently Miami wants that sort of homespun nauseatingly saccharine by-play.  Fine by me..  All I can say is, thank God for the mute button.

MDS

"STANTON DRIVES IT!"

3 seconds later, mike mike catches the ball a good 20 feet in front of the warning track

rich waltz, you suck
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on July 04, 2011, 06:50:30 PM
Nobody else watching the game?

Slackers.

Present.  I get double points Rome.  Absolutely beautiful outside.  Surf sucks but putting off a quick bodysurf session at Makapu'u to watch.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Rome, you should have signed it:

Sincerely,

The entire Concretefield membership
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm watching and getting all banged up....thank god I have a late afternoon flight tomorrow.

About to go grub on my food and get ready to light the fireworks....be nice to see some runs tonight, Phils

Rome

I'm not going to complain about these jokers anymore but I will say that the Worley missed tag call and subsequent whining about Bonifacio getting the hook was pure gold.

Meanwhile Ramirez missed second base entirely on a force out and not a peep was uttered afterward.

Rome

BTW: Is it just me or do Nolasco & Worley have the exact same skunk haircut?

Rome

Holy shtein I think Dom was out.

More whining from the Romes.

Awesome.

MDS

he was out but its a call runners are going to get 99.9 percent of the time

and whats funny is the only reason the phils are winning this game is because of the umps. but who cares. farg em.

Rome

lol @ buck getting the hook too.

basticho in to save it.

let's get this.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

oh my bad he was in the hole...watching a gamecast on the computer and thought he was on deck
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous