2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

you can argue someone should have come in at some before encarnacion made it 7-4, but before that its moot. even if stutes is ready, lee stays in.

im not sure when stutes got up but im pretty sure he was ready before encarnacion hit his homer, so charlie i suppose played it right he just left lee in 1 pitch too long. but its lee. you got to let him work his game, good or bad. thats why youre paying him 20 million dollars.

and after bautistas jack the game was over, so it didnt even matter. and the more i think about this, the more over analysis i do. they lost a game in july. they took 2/3 from the blue jays. whatever. moving on.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Agreed - its not a killer but hate to see Lee implode so bad like that.

Oh well....time to go get drunk at the R-Phils game

MDS

of course, but its going to happen over the course of the year. if its a playoff game and they have a full bullpen its probably a different story.

i cant name 1 prospect at reading but give a report on anyone who looks good. specifically third baseman.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Mitchell, rizzotti and Galvis are the guys I know a little about.

I'm here now waiting on my farg face friend to show up.

This farging guy is always late. Always.

Don Ho

J, how was it?  I heard the Reading ballpark is pretty cool.  What is it, Energy Park?  Love those intimate minor league parks.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah it was pretty cool...it's formerly Reading Municipal Stadium and now FirstEnergy. I hadn't been up there since I was a kid. A great ballpark to watch a game. Tickets were $9, hotdogs a buck and everything else reasonable. 32oz beer was $8.50 and they had good stuff on tap (Molson, Labatt, Yuengling, Sam Adams, etc).

Tonight was fireworks night do it was crammed. The seating is very intimate and I had my neighbors in my lap for the first three so we got up and walked around and watched from different spots and drank. The fireworks were solid.

The R-Phils won 4-3 and there was quite a bit of nice defense out there. Freddy Galvis is damn good with the glove.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on July 03, 2011, 03:42:51 PM
i love twitter blowing up over charlie not magically inserting stutes into the game after his ace, who was under 100 pitches, quickly gave up back to back homers.

do people not understand the game? lee will stay in that game 100 times out of 100. this time he happened to get smoked.

I did not realize he was under 100 pitches.  You're right, Lee's going to get the green light to stay in the game 100%.   You could tell it was getting dicey in the 6th and 7th innings for him but didn't see a breakdown of this magnitude coming.  Not concerned one bit.  You know Lee is going to be one fired up mother farger come the Braves visit to CBP.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

judging by galvis' stats he has a long way to go with his bat

but hes 22 so i suppose hes got a few years

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on July 04, 2011, 12:48:28 AM
judging by galvis' stats he has a long way to go with his bat

but hes 22 so i suppose hes got a few years

Yeah he doesn't swing the bat well yet...which is why the folks who think that letting Jimmy walk and bringing him up next year are drunk. Give Rollins a 3yr deal and then Freddy may be ready.

phattymatty

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 04, 2011, 12:28:34 AM
Yeah it was pretty cool...it's formerly Reading Municipal Stadium and now FirstEnergy. I hadn't been up there since I was a kid. A great ballpark to watch a game. Tickets were $9, hotdogs a buck and everything else reasonable. 32oz beer was $8.50 and they had good stuff on tap (Molson, Labatt, Yuengling, Sam Adams, etc).

Tonight was fireworks night do it was crammed. The seating is very intimate and I had my neighbors in my lap for the first three so we got up and walked around and watched from different spots and drank. The fireworks were solid.

The R-Phils won 4-3 and there was quite a bit of nice defense out there. Freddy Galvis is damn good with the glove.

i went to pretty much every home game in reading from the ages of about 10 to 15. i actually got to sit in the bullpen sometimes bc all of the relievers knew me. if you came all the way from texas to go to an r-phils game, i hope you at least went to al's diamond caberet after. one of the best titty bars in the country, no joke.

PhillyPhreak54

Bonehead leads the final vote after the first round; but won't play tonight because of his ankle. Mike Mike starts in Cf.

Don Ho

Going to where my "Vote for Vic" shirt at the big firework gala tonight. 

PhillyPhreak54

Just saw an update on Bonehead - jammed his thumb yesterday so it's not his ankle.