2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on June 13, 2011, 12:07:27 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 12, 2011, 09:04:18 PM
lol at Sun getting bent and dropping idiots and you people and the go to questioning of knowledge of a game.

By the way Madson said being named an All-Star would mean more than going to the Series.

he has a point when people start shaking in their undies because the closer blew 1 save all year. its like every opinion YOU PEOPLE have is based on what happened the day before and thats it. the other 55 games are irrelevant.

also im going to need to see this quote in context. remember what happened with his funhole of a wife.

I saw it on Randy Miller's twitter feed - if you follow him you should be able to dig it up on there.

Madson is different this year. One blown save doesnt make a season, but I can see why people would be nervous because he has failed at that in the past. He shook off the blown save and got it done today. If he can continue to do it, good for him and even better for the Phillies

MDS

QuoteMadson on possibly being an All-Star: "It would be a dream come true. It would probably beat going to World Series, to be honest with you."

yea thats pretty bad. lets overreact.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: MDS on June 13, 2011, 01:36:46 AM
QuoteMadson on possibly being an All-Star: "It would be a dream come true. It would probably beat going to World Series, to be honest with you."

yea thats pretty bad. lets overreact.

Doesn't make it any better, but he's got a ring. Not likely he'd say the same thing if he hadn't won one yet, or he could just be a tard. Either way, Madson is going to be in full on "pay me" mode. The All-Star thing just adds to it, for him, it probably is more important at this point. I give no farg if he continues to pitch like he had been.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

its still an appalling thing to say...someone had to have made that up right?

no way its a real quote
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

I tend to believe that kind of thing would be front page news on blogs like Crossing Broad....no mention on any of them.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

randy miller is a renowned shtein starter.  not saying madson couldn't have said it, he certainly could have.  but there needs to be a better source than miller
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

http://230jack.blogspot.com/2011/06/madson-shooting-for-stars.html

Sounds like Miller (as usual) took this out of context and posted it to start shtein...without any other mention of anythign else being discussed.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Sort of like when he goaded Kenny Lofton into a locker room confrontation that time...

He does seem to be an instigator.

MDS

QuoteRival evaluator says the Phillies are already looking at right-handed hitting outfielders. Speculation: Josh Willingham, Michael Cuddyer?

from a buster olney tweet.

willingham is barely an improvement over ibanez. he hits the same against rhp as he does against lhp. hes got a little pop but not enough to make me care.

cuddyer is solid but slow. he can play rf, lf, 3b, 2b and 1b. that helps. hes crushing lhp this year and career wise hits close to .300 against them. as a platoon with brown, splitting in for ibanez, polanco, utley...absolutely. he works.

but id prefer they go big and go get hunter pence and permanently move ibanez to the bench. rube has to have one last rape job of wade in him.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on June 14, 2011, 01:10:28 AM
rube has to have one last rape job of wade in him.

If he does, he's saving it until 2013 when Houston is in the AL and he sends them Choke to be their new DH. 

MDS

0% chance wade lasts through this year

he might as well go down doing more for the phillies as the gm of the astros than he ever did when he was here

Don Ho

Pence went off tonight against the Braves.  I'd take him in a heartbeat.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

QuoteJason Knapp, key player in Cliff Lee deal, had right shoulder surgery today. Will miss all of this season

BigEd76

Don Ho

Are they playing tonight?  Is there an estimated start time?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.