2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

MLB   W   L   PCT   GB   HOME   ROAD   RS   RA   DIFF   STRK   L10
Philadelphia   35   24   .593   -   19-10   16-14   239   205   +34   Won 1   5-5
St. Louis   36   25   .590   -   18-12   18-13   301   256   +45   Won 3   6-4
Cleveland   33   24   .579   1   19-10   14-14   268   244   +24   Lost 4   3-7
NY Yankees   33   24   .579   1   17-13   16-11   293   222   +71   Won 2   7-3
Texas   34   26   .567   1.5   19-11   15-15   283   232   +51   Won 5   8-2

shut up idiots
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

http://deadspin.com/5808884/

QuoteJourneyman catcher Dane Sardinha was seen decompressing like a champion at August Henry's early Sunday morning, which is typical behavior after anyone is forced to backstop a Kyle Kendrick emergency start. Even though Sardinha went hitless in the Phillies loss to the Pirates, he probably made solid wood contact later that evening if his forehead thumped that bar rail. Our tipster (Nick, we'll call him) says Sardinha was tipsy but I prefer to think he was privately texting Kendrick some thoughtful observations about his mechanics. Also: still surprised Sardinha has not been nicknamed "Dooch" during his tenure in Philadelphia. Make it happen, Meech.

lol

lurking wierdo

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 05, 2011, 06:49:35 PM
Give props to Valdez for his play early on. That was a thing of beauty, as well as the scoop by Choke. Beautiful.

And the diving stab by Grit was awesome too.

Frustrating offense early. Vic is dumb. Thankfully they were able to bust out a bit later on. Hopefully that helps them catch fire a bit.
As I live out of the area and must read about the game on game day, please explain how he didn't score. I couldn't figure that out.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 06, 2011, 10:54:13 AM
http://deadspin.com/5808884/

QuoteJourneyman catcher Dane Sardinha was seen decompressing like a champion at August Henry's early Sunday morning, which is typical behavior after anyone is forced to backstop a Kyle Kendrick emergency start. Even though Sardinha went hitless in the Phillies loss to the Pirates, he probably made solid wood contact later that evening if his forehead thumped that bar rail. Our tipster (Nick, we'll call him) says Sardinha was tipsy but I prefer to think he was privately texting Kendrick some thoughtful observations about his mechanics. Also: still surprised Sardinha has not been nicknamed "Dooch" during his tenure in Philadelphia. Make it happen, Meech.

lol
:-D. He and Vic make Hawaii so proud. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

pelle lindberg dies and this guy gets to play for the phillies

life is not fair
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

brown gets the start against lilly tonight

no ibanez

utley still has to play on his bum knee because of jimmy

p.s. dimitry tertishini > the lindburg baby
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: lurking wierdo on June 06, 2011, 12:17:44 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 05, 2011, 06:49:35 PM
Give props to Valdez for his play early on. That was a thing of beauty, as well as the scoop by Choke. Beautiful.

And the diving stab by Grit was awesome too.

Frustrating offense early. Vic is dumb. Thankfully they were able to bust out a bit later on. Hopefully that helps them catch fire a bit.
As I live out of the area and must read about the game on game day, please explain how he didn't score. I couldn't figure that out.

I missed that inning as well so could someone clarify what coconut brain did or should I say did not do.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 06, 2011, 03:05:33 PM
He is now known as DUI Dane.

Dangerous will return once he drives a run in or hits a homer.

http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/Dane_Sardinha_5346441/

Besides the obvious question about DUI, the question is what the hell was he doing in Cape Coral?  You don't just drive through the Cape - you have to be there for a reason, and I can't think of any for a major league baseball player.  It's basically home for a bazilion retirees.  Not a real hot nightspot or great beach or anything.

ice grillin you

well it happened a couple weeks before pitchers and catchers were to report...and there are a few spring traning sites down that way...maybe he was gettin some last minute partying in with an ex teammate or a baseball friend in camp down that way

also he got booked at 9pm...it wasnt like he was at an after hours club...maybe he was driving back north towards clearwater when he got got
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

ESPN crew already schlurpping all over Grit.  Buckle up folks and get the bibs out.

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 06, 2011, 06:19:54 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 06, 2011, 03:05:33 PM
He is now known as DUI Dane.

Dangerous will return once he drives a run in or hits a homer.

http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/Dane_Sardinha_5346441/

Besides the obvious question about DUI, the question is what the hell was he doing in Cape Coral?  You don't just drive through the Cape - you have to be there for a reason, and I can't think of any for a major league baseball player.  It's basically home for a bazilion retirees.  Not a real hot nightspot or great beach or anything.

Hawaiians know where the party's at!  You supply the booze, the food, people, we're ready to rage.  No questions asked.

Rome

The Phils are on MLB Network tonight.

Can't wait to see another 4 hit performance out of these cock knockers.

Don Ho