2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Heard on WIP this weekend;

- a caller said that Jimmy Rollins was overrated and his MVP was a sham.

- one guy last night wants to trade Howard to STL for Pujols (because Howard hasnt gotten better); move Utley to 1st, play Polanco at 2nd....and have Pujols play 3rd.

Sgt PSN

I can't understand for the life of me why anyone listens to that garbage....or more importantly, why they would share it.

MDS

its how he gets his ammo to bitch when they arent up 15-0 after 1 inning
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Not quite sure why they'd disrupt the entire infield like that but if St. Louis was willing to trade Pujols for Choke I'd pull the trigger in a hot minute.

ice grillin you

pujols is a better player anyway but even if he wasnt id do that trade in a heartbeat just to get rid of chokes atrociously bad contract
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phillycrew

Quote from: Don Ho on May 30, 2011, 05:47:44 PM
I love these games in DC.  The crowds reaction with two down, two strikes and Madson on the mound in the bottom of the ninth was awesome.  Good crowd today.

It was a fun game yesterday.  I like the new Nationals park.  Even better, the traffic wasn't too bad.  The lower bowl was filled but emptied as the game went on since people wanted out of the sun.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 31, 2011, 07:42:18 AM
pujols is a better player anyway but even if he wasnt id do that trade in a heartbeat just to get rid of chokes atrociously bad contract

Oh yeah?

And what do you think the contract that Pujols is going to get is going to be? A good one?

ice grillin you

cant be worse than chokes...and you dont have to sign him if you dont want

shtein i would cut choke after this season if i meant i could get out from under his deal...i wouldnt even need pujols

PoopyfaceMcGee

charlie

Quote from: FastFreddie on May 31, 2011, 02:43:59 PM
How close is Singleton to being ready for the bigs?

Not very.

3 year...at the earliest. i think he's only 20.

ice grillin you

hes only 19 and at least three years if he ever makes it....he has regressed quite a bit this year...he also was moved to the outfield this year and has gotten solid reviews....so it looks as tho choke wont prevent him from coming up when and if hes ready

MDS

what the farg do you know about his progression and please do share this information with us
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

the most alarming number is his strikeouts....he basically was a 1:1 bb/k guy coming into the season and now this year he has more k's than bb and rbi combined...thats a staggering drop off

hes also down 40 pts in average

doesnt mean hes gonna flame out and the jump from low to high A is a dramatic one but the guy has clearly regressed thus far at the next next level

MDS

you should have more things to worry about then 2 subpar months from an A ball prospect

if he still stinks in 2014 then i guess we can chalk it down as a loss.